PDA

View Full Version : Would you take this on ?

Zoomie
14-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Last year I signed my first baby mindee.

Sadly he did not settle and parents and I agreed to part ways.

Anyhow I have heard that his parents are thinking about contacting me again as their current arrangement is coming to an end (childminder or nanny minding at mindee's house).

Would you consider taking mindee back.

Part of me feels tense just with the anxiety of thinking about it, BUT he will be almost a year older (was 9m, and will probably be abt 18m then) and is a bit more social now than what he was, BUT parents still seem to carry him around lots ....

Parents probably wont even contact me, but would you ?

miffy
14-05-2010, 09:58 PM
I think I'd agree to see them again and then judge how things were.

Mindee may well have changed now and I think I'd always wonder about it if I didn't see them - you don't have to say yes.

Miffy xx

jelly15
14-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Think I would meet them and see how you feel face to face.

monkey62
14-05-2010, 10:56 PM
You can try and meet them and have a chat, maybe few visits with a child before starting so you can get an idea if a child changed or not

Tam's Tribe
15-05-2010, 06:11 AM
I would definately try again.

I had a nine month old baby who was only ever with mummy and after a 2 hr settling in session with him and 18 month old mindee, baby was crying and then other mindee started crying and I felt like crying :laughing:

Anyway, that is when I decided to settle under 1s on the weekend as we can focus just on the LO and my boys are a FANTASTIC distraction . . . it works great . . . have settled in two more like that and there have been NO tears.

If parents contact you, I would definately try again, the LO is older now.

Good Luck, let us know how you get on.

Lovies
Tam
x

hello kitty
15-05-2010, 06:35 AM
What a great idea Tam. I too have had the new baby cry followed by a toddler or two! Weekends would work really well as my dds are 13 and 16 and eager to help and amuse little ones. :)

Zoomie
15-06-2010, 10:16 PM
:update: :update: :update:

Parent has been in touch.

I have agreed to meet with them and see if LO will have me :o .

Trouble
15-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Good Luck xxxx:thumbsup:

little_gems
16-06-2010, 08:54 AM
good luck!!

angeldelight
16-06-2010, 09:13 AM
:update: :update: :update:

Parent has been in touch.

I have agreed to meet with them and see if LO will have me :o .

Good luck hope it works out this time

Keep us posted

Angel xx

Playmate
16-06-2010, 10:21 AM
good luck!!

moljak
16-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Fingers crossed for you.

Zoomie
02-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Thought I would give a further :update: .

Both parents visited about a 6 weeks ago. They said they were looking at another childminder too.

We have had a few playdates, and mum said today, that they can see that LO plays happily here, so I shall be having a new mindee in Sept :jump for joy: :jump for joy: .

Now I just need Dad to sort out his schedule so that I can get a variation request in. Dad needs a couple of extra hours from October and these can't be done without the variation.

moljak
02-08-2010, 10:35 PM
fab news :clapping: