PDA

View Full Version : What do you give mindees when they leave?

Cazz
14-05-2010, 09:52 PM
My first mindees are leaving in 3 weeks time :( - do you usually buy yours a gift such as a toy or craft item or do you do something more personal?

They've only been with me for 7 months and I've never had any other mindees here at the same time as them due to having no early years spaces left on that day, so they only know my 2 year old dd (and me! :D )

Please don't suggestion anything that involves a photo of me as I take an awful photo but any help would be appreciated.

miffy
14-05-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't buy leaving presents - oh mean old me! :laughing:

Sorry, that's no help at all is it?

Miffy xx

Cazz
14-05-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't buy leaving presents - oh mean old me! :laughing:

Sorry, that's no help at all is it?

Miffy xx

Don't worry - you're honest :thumbsup:

I'm very fond of these little ones and just feel I'd like to mark their leaving with something (probably a tear knowing me! :rolleyes: )

miffy
14-05-2010, 10:01 PM
What about a special trip out somewhere?

Or a photo book of them enjoying themselves at your house/on trips etc - not linked to the eyfs!!!!!

Miffy xx

juejue
14-05-2010, 10:08 PM
I got one of mine a toy for herself and I made mum a photo album, with all her photos in from when she first started, plus her file. Mum was made up and JN loved her toy.
x

singlewiththree
15-05-2010, 05:54 AM
I give them their learning journey and any left over photos printed out or emailed as I give them memory sticks each term with photos so I only have current ones here. I don't give a present.

charleyfarley
15-05-2010, 07:42 AM
I normally give the lo a toy and the parents a photo album of their los time here, parents love seeing how their little has changed through the album.

Good luck for when they leave and hope there aren't too many tears :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Mouse
15-05-2010, 09:47 AM
I usually buy them a book, preferably one that we've read a lot here.
I write a short message in it.

I also give parents a disc of photos.

For the last mindee that left a couple of years ago I made a little book for them "My Time With My Childminder". It had photos of things we'd done, a couple of pictures they'd done and the final photo was of them walking out the door waving. I took that one on their final, printed it off and stuck it on the last page. It was quite sweet really.

sonia ann
15-05-2010, 11:09 AM
I have never given leaving presents:blush: .................I give them all birthday and Christmas presents though and the ones that have been with me for years I continue to do so even after they have left:)

Mollymop
15-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I have given leaving pressies but think I am gonna stop now as I have only had 2 sets of parents who have ever given me a thankyou card or reference or anything in return for all I do and I bought them a card and present

I got them either a book set or a cuddly toy and a folder full of pics of us all:)

TheBTeam
15-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I had photo books made up for my first ever mindee when she left after 3 years and as she was going to senior school I got her a keyring and necklace set with her birthstone on them.

Two other mindees who left at the same time I got a photobook and gave them the birthday presents I had bought for them already!

The Juggler
15-05-2010, 06:22 PM
depends on circumstnaces. I often buy a lunchbox/water bottle/backpack for those starting school or nursery. Sometimes have just done a framed photo or sometimes a whole album.

AnnieM
15-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't normally do presents for leavers but when the 3 I had last year left me after 6 years, :( I took them all to build a bear and got them one each with outfit of their choice, they then get an outfit for xmas, birthdays etc., easy to post. :thumbsup:

From them I got a beautiful card, webcam so we could Skype and a gorgeous bound photobook of the children and parents right from birth to month they left and drqwings in that the children had done for me, I was a right blubbering wreck that day!!!

Cazz
15-05-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't normally do presents for leavers but when the 3 I had last year left me after 6 years, :( I took them all to build a bear and got them one each with outfit of their choice, they then get an outfit for xmas, birthdays etc., easy to post. :thumbsup:

From them I got a beautiful card, webcam so we could Skype and a gorgeous bound photobook of the children and parents right from birth to month they left and drqwings in that the children had done for me, I was a right blubbering wreck that day!!!

Oh that's lovely!

I don't expect anything from them (didn't even get a christmas card :rolleyes: ) but I'm not doing it for the parents - it's for the children. I've only minded them for 7 months but they were my first mindees and they're little sweethearts.

I like the build-a-bear idea or if funds won't stretch to that then a book with a message in the front as someone suggested.

They'll get their learning journals which will have photos in but as I say they haven't ever been with any other mindees so I can't do a photo/tribute from other children.

Decisions decisions!! (I'm really not good at them!)

singingcactus
16-05-2010, 07:42 AM
My kids take home their photo book that we have built up over the time they are here. That is usually all I give - although I did give my little one a book with fairy bracelet when she left this month - but only because I had it in my home and no one else to give it to lol.
We do try to have a really fun week for their last week though, with a little party on the final day with cake and other junk food, and balloons and decs.
Then again of all the kids I have ever had only 2 of them have not kept in touch and I terminated both contracts! Oops no, make that 3 (forgot about this years nightmare).