PDA

View Full Version : terminating a contract

claire'scherubs
14-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi all

Hope you can help. I have been minding since June last year and have a child of 6 years old that has been with me since October, who has some behavioural problems that are now causing me problems with my own children, and have caused some accidents with the children that I mind. When talking to the childs mother about the behaviour she does not seem to do anything to support me. I want to terminate the contract. I have used a NCMA contract form. Can anyone tell me if it is ok to do this, obviously I will give notice to quit. Thanks x

moogster1a
15-05-2010, 10:10 AM
of course it's ok. I'd just do a few lines in a letter of due to a change of circumstances I can't look after him from this date blah blah. You're not obliged to keep them for ever!!

francinejayne
15-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi, I'm new so have never experienced this, but I think that of course yes you can terminate a contract. You will have to give the required notice. I think you just put it in writing that as from <date> you will be unable to care for <child>.
Good luck!

claire'scherubs
15-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Thank you, I was begining to think nobody wanted to talk to me :blush:

sandy64
15-05-2010, 03:28 PM
hi just write a polite letter saying due to a change in circumstances i will be giving you 4 weeks notice to terminating x contract i have enjoyed looking after x yours faithfully x keep it simple and to the point you dont need to go into details why as im sure you have spoke with mum hope this helps sandy:)

Pauline
15-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Thank you, I was begining to think nobody wanted to talk to me :blush:

Oh of course they do Claire :) but the Forum is often quiet at weekends, everyone is away having some leisure time. :thumbsup: