PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Trip with part timers please xx

Michelle M
25-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi Ladies

I wonder if you might give me some advice please, I know what I am trying to say but not sure it will come out right but anyway….

At the moment on a Tuesday I have a 1 year old, my own daughter just 1, and a 2 year old, the 1 year old comes 9:30 till 2:45 and the 2 year old comes 12:45 till 4:45 pm. All pay by the hour.

In the holidays I will have the same children plus a 5 year old, a 6 year old and my daughter who is 7.

The 6 year old will be the same hours as her brother the 1 year old and the 5 year old full day.

In the Easter break the local childminding group are organising a trip to Cadburys World, how do I or should I put it to parents of they would like their child to go then they have to pay the extra hours? Or is it tough luck on my part as they just come part time?
I have taken the 2 year old out to a Christmas party run by the local childminders when it was just him, but this is a bigger trip and don’t see why I should be out of pocker. I am going to ask the parents to put a contribution towards the day out as well.

Thanks any advice would be appreciated.

:)

Banana
25-03-2008, 11:28 AM
I would say that its your choice to be out for the day and the extra hours are down to you. Thats how I do it anyway. My policies state that If I am out longer and wont be back in time then no charge will be applied for the extra hours - but... if they want the child to attend anyway then they will have to pay any entrance fee contribution that is asked for

xxx

Schnakes
25-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I have recently changed my policies to say that if I pay the entrance fee they have to pay the extra hours.

I used to do the whole day at no extra cost whatsoever, but Im not doing that anymore - cant afford it for one thing!! :rolleyes:

The only problem I think Im going to see happening is that the part timers will say "well, my child wont go on the trip then" which leaves you in (yet another!) tricky situation.

Who knew that so much of childminding would be about diplomacy!!!

Sx

fionamal
25-03-2008, 12:54 PM
I dont charge the extra hours for trips away but do ask for any spending money for the kids for gift shops etc and half the entrance fee.

At then end of the day its your descicion but I would rather take the children for the extra couple of hours without pay instead of them being kept at home and me not getting any wage at all for that day.

Noodles
25-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I dont charge the extra hours for trips away but do ask for any spending money for the kids for gift shops etc and half the entrance fee.

At then end of the day its your descicion but I would rather take the children for the extra couple of hours without pay instead of them being kept at home and me not getting any wage at all for that day.

Its never actuall happened to me but i would agree with the fionamal if i was in that situation
:)

katickles
25-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Its your choice but i wouldn't charge for the extra hours & it would be my choice to take them on the trip. Its really upto you though as its your business :)

sarah707
25-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I The only problem I think Im going to see happening is that the part timers will say "well, my child wont go on the trip then" which leaves you in (yet another!) tricky situation.
Sx

I had this once and it ended up with us all not going... :(

Pudding Girl
25-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I think for a big trip like this then I would put it to parents at least 4 weeks in advance, and say if they can't come on a trip then they can't come to me that day, but I wouldn't charge as it's my choice to do that. hmm does that make sense

wendywu
25-03-2008, 05:00 PM
I would not charge for the extra hours but would ask for the entrance for the trip.

That way you would not be out of pocket but would have extra brownie points. :blush:

ma7ie
25-03-2008, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't expect extra money. My fees policy states:

From time to time, with your permission, I will take children in my care on day trips.
If you wish for your child to come then no extra payment will be expected from you for any additional hours that may occur because of the hours of the trip.

If you would rather your child did not attend such outings then full payment for that day is still expected and you will have to make alternative arrangements for childcare on that particular day.

I added this after I had a problem with a part timer whoose mother didn't want him to go on a day trip.

miffy
26-03-2008, 07:52 AM
I agree with marie

miffy xx

charleyfarley
26-03-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't charge for the extra hours as it's my choice to take the children out.

I do ask for spending money though and use the Tescos vouchers for the tickets to places so it only really costs me the fuel.

Carol xx

deeb66
26-03-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't charge for the extra hours as the outing is my choice iyswim.

You could however ask them to contribute towards the cost.