PDA

View Full Version : Should i just refuse to do it!!

mad house
14-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Ive been working on my sef for a couple of weeks, and i just feel it asks you the same question all the time!! so im getting stuck how to make it sound different. I only mind a 9 mth old and shes part time and only been minding one month!! so cant really write what ive done just what im gonna do

Feel like just deleting it :angry: :angry: :angry:

Mookins
14-05-2010, 08:38 PM
can you not write something like "see question blah blah"
x x x

miffy
14-05-2010, 09:49 PM
You could say you've self-evaluated and decided it's too soon to do fill in your sef :rolleyes:

If you think you've covered the answer to a question earlier just cross ref to that, don't repeat yourself.

Miffy xx

christine e
15-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Remember the SEF is an ongoing document so fill in the bits you feel you can do and skip the ones you don't feel able to complete. If doing online just put a few ...... in before clicking next.

Don't beat yourself up about this

Cx:thumbsup:

Tam's Tribe
15-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Hi

I would encourage you to complete the SEF, it was invaluable during my first graded inspection and also limited the time the inspector was with me, said as I had completed it in detail, she basically came to confirm I was doing what I said I was doing.

It is really worth the effort and believe me I bitched and complained ALOT when I was doing it and it took me about 3 week but I am SOOOOOOO glad I did it.

Yes it is a document for Ofsted but it is also a tool of evaluationg YOUR BUSINESS, all your strenghts and areas where you can work on, and improve on, being a reflective practioner!!

Also there is alot of repetition but they dont want you to repeat or copy and paste from questions above. Just put . . .

SEE QUESTION 1B. and then expand on any other aspects within that question.

That is what I did it went down very well with Mrs Ofsted.

Good Luck and just keep at it!!!

Lovies
Tam
x