PDA

View Full Version : what do you think

Gizmo
14-05-2010, 07:40 PM
I was at a Network meeting last night and the lady doing the talk owned a nursery, she said that the CC are now looking for fruit to be washed with steralising (sp) tablets before being given to mindees and that if its a childs birthday any candles should be on a cup cake not on the main birthday cake as when they blow them out they are spreading germs. Is it just me or is it just a step to far

beccas
14-05-2010, 07:43 PM
omg thats ridiculous they cant be serious.....:laughing: they having a laugh surely...
children need to be exposed to some germs or their immune system will never grow.

Mouse
14-05-2010, 07:47 PM
*smacks head against wall*

they really do take some things too far, don't they?

breezy
14-05-2010, 07:50 PM
****** ridiculous :panic:

WibbleWobble
14-05-2010, 07:52 PM
i give up!

mandy x

clio0602
14-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Doesn't the sharing of germs boost immunity?!!!!!

aly
14-05-2010, 08:00 PM
of course that is correct.!

anddont forget the white hat, white overalls and glovesand the mouth mask to so the germs are nto spread.

also maybe the candle blower should go in a separate room to be on the safe side.

or just dont have any cake

!

how ridiculous

Andrea08
14-05-2010, 08:03 PM
just gone toooo far again how mad :(

juejue
14-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Heard that before about the birthday cake, So we have a plastic one that the children blow out first, then we cut the real one . The children think its great having 2 cakes. But I do think its all wrong
x

wendywu
14-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Well the swapping of bodily fluids should be banned as it must spread germs. If we stop that then there will be no children for them to worry about :panic:

Mouse
14-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Well the swapping of bodily fluids should be banned as it must spread germs. If we stop that then there will be no children for them to worry about :panic:

I think the exchange of bodily fluids would be OK as long as the adults are consenting, they have parental permission and we've risk assessed it.

Not to sure on the observation, assessing & planning next steps though :laughing:

Hebs
14-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I was at a Network meeting last night and the lady doing the talk owned a nursery, she said that the CC are now looking for fruit to be washed with steralising (sp) tablets before being given to mindees and that if its a childs birthday any candles should be on a cup cake not on the main birthday cake as when they blow them out they are spreading germs. Is it just me or is it just a step to far

no i dont actually

i have heard that cancer patients are advised to sterlise fruit and veg to get rid of pesticides :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
14-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I think the exchange of bodily fluids would be OK as long as the adults are consenting, they have parental permission and we've risk assessed it.

Not to sure on the observation, assessing & planning next steps though :laughing:

OMG at asking my parents for permission, lol

monkey62
14-05-2010, 09:51 PM
OMG.., what will be next....thatis far to much

miffy
14-05-2010, 09:54 PM
So much for healthy eating then.......... :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Daftbat
14-05-2010, 09:55 PM
definitely a step too far. Soon there will be no fun in life at all!

wendywu
14-05-2010, 10:47 PM
[
QUOTE=Mouse;707822]I think the exchange of bodily fluids would be OK as long as the adults are consenting, they have parental permission and we've risk assessed it.

Not to sure on the observation, assessing & planning next steps though :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Photographic evidence might be interesting. :laughing: :laughing:

sarak31
15-05-2010, 08:32 AM
I was told by my health visitor once that I should wash all fruit and veg in anti bac fairy liquid before using as it removes the pesticides. I always thought it was a bit OTT (and never did), so I asked on my food hygiene course. The man taking the course gave me a very strange look and said that no, it would never be necessary to wash fruit and veg in anything more than just plain old water. So not sure where this CC getting advice from when food hygiene expert says water is just fine.

fionamal
15-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Good God! Whens it all gonna stop. Before long they will be asking for the children to be bubble wrapped before going otside

sweets
15-05-2010, 09:10 AM
anyone watch embarrassing bodies kids least night?

they said that the increase in childrens asmha and allergies is partly down to increased cleanliness! i believe that completely,

my house is clean but not up to sterilising standards, i do antibac but not constantly! hot water and soap is all that needed.

KIDS NEED GERMS!

AnnieM
15-05-2010, 09:14 AM
:eek: OUTSIDE!!! Surely you jest??? Shouldn't we have them sat neatly on a very softly cushioned sofa, wrapped in cotton wool, with face masks an non-latex gloves in case of contamination from any germs? :rolleyes: the world is going crazy and I want to get off!! :panic:

moogster1a
15-05-2010, 09:59 AM
i hope Hebs is taking the p***!! If not, the pertinent couple of words are " cancer patients" as opposed to perfectly healthy children unless it's a special nursery for children with AIDS or other immunosuppressant conditions!

sandy64
15-05-2010, 12:02 PM
ok what do we do when lo kiss each other bleach there mouths:laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
15-05-2010, 12:23 PM
no i dont actually

i have heard that cancer patients are advised to sterlise fruit and veg to get rid of pesticides :thumbsup:

but surely the fruit (soft fruit anyway) will then absorb the chemicals in the sterlising tablets and you'd then be consuming that? it's like a choice, pesticides or sterlising chemicals?? :panic:

onceinabluemoon
15-05-2010, 12:29 PM
it's like a choice, pesticides or sterlising chemicals?? :panic:

or how about organic fruit and veg? No need to sterilise then ;)

or even, shock horror, how about peeling the apples, pears etc

The Juggler
15-05-2010, 04:03 PM
or how about organic fruit and veg? No need to sterilise then ;)

or even, shock horror, how about peeling the apples, pears etc

:laughing: :laughing: yes, sorry meant for those with the pesticides obviously - lol.

I used to always peel apples and pears but have several littel ones now who don't want them chopped or peeled - so a good scrub (with water) it is:)

margimum
15-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Your CC allows cake for birthdays??
Ours suggested a cardboard one for the candle blowing, then hand out a treat of rice cakes!!:laughing: