PDA

View Full Version : Small playroom issues - Can I see your playrooms/areas???

Leelee
14-05-2010, 10:06 AM
We had our sunroom roofed (previously glass panels) and plastered and a new back door put on it and made this new room the playroom, but thinking about things practically it's really not big enough!! I have a living room through diner and was wondering whether I should swap the rooms as my son always brings the toys into the living room to play with! To get to the playroom you have to go through my kitchen, so I'm wondering whether to make the diner my playroom even though it will be near enough in my living room!!! :huh: . I'd really love to see other peoples rooms so I can make a decision! xxx

Leelee
14-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Hope this works so u can see what I mean

Roseolivia
14-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Here's a link to photos that other members have posted
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27958&highlight=playrooms

miss mopple
14-05-2010, 06:36 PM
thats a lovely room but I can understand the practical issues. Is your lounge/dining area all open plan? Could you convert the dining area and curtain off maybe so you dont have to sit with it all in the evening? Think thats what I'd do, and then have the sun room as a dining area if its big enough for a table.

My playroom is on the other thread (converted my dining room and it works well for me :thumbsup: Not open plan though so I can shut the door at night. We have converted the living room to a lounge diner ) but the pics are seriously outdated so here it is today

book corner (complete with Little Rabbit Foo Foo :laughing: Only kidding- her names Rosie :D )

http://i44.tinypic.com/30igg8m.jpg

other end (have sectioned off area at back as a little den for the kids)

http://i41.tinypic.com/sdprh3.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/11ik16w.jpg

and full length view

http://i39.tinypic.com/14ya4bt.jpg

have lots crammed in there but the trofast units are great for storing the majority neatly :thumbsup:

we've gone through loads of different changes to find a way that works for us, including an upstairs playroom and this is by far the best solution. Hope you find your perfect way soon too

Andrea08
14-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I had the same problem hun ,,, one large through dining room with patio doors

one smaller play room off the kitchen

always carried toys to larger room and carried bk at end of day ...play room turned into a big storage cupboard in the end and some nights i was too tired to carry it all bk so ended up living with it all..

day after ofsted visited changed the house round.... lol.....

now the big through lounge with patio to small child friendly outside area is my work "play room" with all continual provisions on show and easy to reach

smaller play room re decorated and is now our lounge / diner

im happier, get extra half hr in bed every morning and once a quick tidy at night all done...

no posters or work stuff in my lounge and its child free as my kids are grown up a bit now and have their own space

all i will say is try it and work with it for a month if you h8 it move it back

xxxxx

miffy
14-05-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't have a playroom but if you could turn your rooms round like Andrea suggested then that sounds great otherwise I think you'll just end up with things in the lounge as well as the dining room.

Miffy xx

Gizmo
14-05-2010, 07:26 PM
We live in a bungalow and I changed my youngest dds bedroom into a playroom still trying to get it to a way that is practical and tidy, maybe I need to stop buying more stuff

monkey62
14-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I have no playroom, I use the living room area as a play room and my kids bedroom....toys everywhere, boxes everywhere, bugies, cars, dolls, etc my hubby get mad ......I'm hoping one day we will move in bigger house and I may have a playroom...

Leelee
15-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Think I may have a word with the other half and see if we can try the rooms swapped around because my child is 2 yrs and baby due August, so toys being around is kind of the norm for us. I just think if I had the play area in the dining part of my through room I can feed my baby and put her for naps in living area whilst still being close to the other children, plus my poor little boy won't have to keep dragging things through the kitchen into the diner where he likes to play because there's more space. Good idea about trying it for a month and swapping back if no good, thank you all x

Jelly Baby
16-05-2010, 11:10 AM
We don't have one. We have a big bookcase in the lounge with storage baskets on top filled with stuff which look nice as blend in with the room and the bottom of the bookcase is a big cupboard filled with toys. Tbh the lounge gets wrecked every day but with good planning and trying to keep on top of not getting EVERYTHING out it gets tidied away agin quite easily so at the end of the day the room is back to normal.
At the end of our hall we have a big cupboard which has all my paperork and art stuff in which we do in the kitchen/dining room.
I would still love our garage converted as would be great but i dont think the kids or us suffer the way it is so will see. Saying that im taking on tiwns tomorrow so may change my mind with the added mess!

terrydoo73
18-05-2010, 09:04 PM
http://www3.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3086874006/a=95698270_95698270/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

This shows my storage - I have a separate room for toys which I just bring in and out to the living room and hall. The last 2 photos are of my kitchen where I keep a variety of things - jigsaws, games, arts and crafts, moon sand and playdough as well as reading books.

babs
18-05-2010, 09:21 PM
my playroom is about 8ft by 10ft so not really very big, but the kids love it, we do bring toys out into the living room just depends on what they are playing with at the time, big items like the dressing table and kitchen stay in play room other stuff moves around alot. to get to play room we have to go though kitchen / dining room but have to do that to get to toilet or go outside in garden though patio doors. when ive got baby here we play in living room anyway and lo's come and go in play room even though they go though my kitchen cant get up to much locks on cupbroads etc.