PDA

View Full Version : Asking about maternity leave etc

AliceK
14-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi

I have a mindee FT and found out last week that mum is pregnant with 3rd child. I think she will be due around October time. Do you think it is acceptable to enquire as to what her plans may be regarding mindee coming to me when mum goes on maternity leave. I have a feeling that due to location mindee will probably be staying at home with mum but I would like to have an idea of things so that I can plan ahead. Would you ask at this early stage or would you wait a bit?

xxxxxxxxx

AliceK
14-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Anyone?? Someone must have been in this position?

xxx

hectors house
14-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I would ask, I know Oct is still 5 months away but she may go on maternity leave early. I would also ask if she thinks she might go back to work and would you be having both children - you do need to plan in advance, you wouldn't want to arrange to take on new child and then find you haven't got space for original one + baby.

You need to think about whether or not you want to keep a space available for nearly a year on half fee retainer or will it sort it self out with other kids moving on to school or nursery?

Good luck - just go for it!

bexcee
14-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I am in a similar situation with one of my midee's mum being pg and due in October. I asked her to come over one afternoon when she wasn't working so that we could talk things through regarding maternity leave and her returing to work.
She will be four months pg now so I don't think it's unreasonable to ask what her plans are for future childminding.

The Juggler
14-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I would say to her, let's put a time in next week for a coffee and a chat about your plans for maternity leave.:)

AliceK
14-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Thank you I will def ask for a chat then. I have taken on 2 new children from August which takes me up to my max under 8's but it would be nice to know whether I will have another under 5 space to fill as I am always turning away new enquiries for little ones. As it stands at the moment I wouldn't have the space for the sibling so would need to ask for a variation if it came to it.

Thanks so much

xxxxxxxx