PDA

View Full Version : Where and how do you store your stuff?

Tippy Toes
14-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone

Just wondering how everyone stores thieir toys and stuff for childminding? Have you got any pictures?

Im having a battle at the moment, have a small house anf toys are just everywhere! Worried my house looks messy due to all the toys/prams/shopping trolleys etc. :blush:

If anyone can help and give me some ideas on how to store toys/equiptment then I would be really greatful.

Thanks again :)

ChocolateChip
14-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Under my stairs cupboard (next to my upright freezer) I have jammed in 4 of the plastic 3 drawer units from Argos, they are full of craft and making items, also in there are a couple of big plastic boxes with lids, one for painting stuff and one for playdough.
In my lounge I have another plastic drawer unit, and then 3 lge lidded boxes and 4 medium ones that hold puzzles, build-it (elc plastic meccano), tea set, animals, traintrack, card and board games threading, stickle bricks, all the things that my lot like to play with at the moment.
In the girls room they have one of those wooden storage trolleys with 6 plastic tubs for stuff like dressing up, dollies, fairyland, dolls house, etc. They can bring that down if they want.
In my attic I have loads of other lidded boxes full of the baby toys and activities that have been outgrown but which I am keeping for if i get another baby, and other stuff like farm sets, pirate ships, Bob builder toys, which I try and rotate now and then for a bit of variety.

So basically I keep most of it in plastic tubs and bring it all out in turn, and I know I have far too much stuff but I hate to get rid of anything! :D

desiderata
14-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Mine are everywhere!!!! Craft items, paint and sit on train in the utility. Outside shed has bikes, go carts, tents, airflow system, basketball, slides balls etc stored in their. Garden has swings slides climbing frames. One room downstairs is just used for storage and is wall to wall and floor covered in everything else. Dining room has prams and pushchairs in there (dolls ones)
Hall is where i store the prams I use for the children. Lounge is usually full of whatever the children have been playing with. Kitchen has tables chairs and high chairs in and where we do messy play.

miss mopple
14-05-2010, 12:12 PM
One word- trofast! Cant rate it enough- fab stuff :D

I have converted my dining room into a playroom and use trofast units in there. The overflow stuff gets stored in a rented garage and I rotate it regularly :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
14-05-2010, 12:19 PM
i have a 7 drawer plastic storage system on wheels for toys and a thinner 4 drawer one for big kid crafts. these were from argos. I also bought some big see though boxes with lids from ikea. These all fit in to my understairs cupboard. The play kitchen and easel fit behind the door to the kitchen...then all i need to do is take the pasta and rice tray on legs upstairs to DD#1s room (she is at uni). Then we have our dining room back.....except for the the whole wall display boards on three walls!!!!!! and the kiddie plastic cover for the table and the two boosterseats fastened to two dining chairs.....:laughing:

not bad for a house with no children of its own under the age of 18 years!!!!

mandy xxx

aly
14-05-2010, 12:24 PM
We love ikea here!

We have the expedit range and you can pick and choose the boxes too...they also have different sizes..the boys have in their bedroom the 5x 5 unit
downstairs we have 2 units which 1 is 1x 5 and the other is 2 x 5.
as you can see in 1 of the pics that poppy's pram is in front...we do nowhave space to hide the prams in the cupboard so we tend to do that in evening.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/odds/IMG012.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/odds/IMG011.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/odds/IMG010.jpg

poppy also has the 2 x 5 in her room in white.

sandy64
14-05-2010, 12:40 PM
We love ikea here!

We have the expedit range and you can pick and choose the boxes too...they also have different sizes..the boys have in their bedroom the 5x 5 unit
downstairs we have 2 units which 1 is 1x 5 and the other is 2 x 5.
as you can see in 1 of the pics that poppy's pram is in front...we do nowhave space to hide the prams in the cupboard so we tend to do that in evening.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/odds/IMG012.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/odds/IMG011.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/odds/IMG010.jpg

poppy also has the 2 x 5 in her room in white.

its like my house lol toys toys and more but ive a playroom which is full to bursting i use trofast storage and each alcove has shelfs and kitchen has plastic storage cupboard for arts/crafts playdoh etc lol what would we do with out c.m our house would be bare:laughing: :laughing:

miffy
14-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Toys everywhere here!

We have trofast units and also plastic crates but there's never enough room for everything.

Good job hubby is laid back about it.

Miffy xx

Tippy Toes
14-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks for all your replies, very helpful and nice to know we are all the same when it comes to having toys everywhere!

Many thanks to Aly especially for taking the time to put some pictures up :thumbsup:

Think ill be heading to Ikea on the weekend :D

aly
14-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for all your replies, very helpful and nice to know we are all the same when it comes to having toys everywhere!

Many thanks to Aly especially for taking the time to put some pictures up :thumbsup:

Think ill be heading to Ikea on the weekend :D

no probs...happy to help.

x

mushpea
14-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I store all mine in a shed in the garden and just bring a few boxes in each week, this way they get rotated so the kids dont get bored and i dont have a house full of toddler toys at the weekend.
On a friday after school the mindees help clear away all the toys from the house and garden then we either do an activity like cooking or play the wii or board games untill home time.
I used to bring in loads but they wouldnt play with any of it, now they have less choice they seem to play with it more.

AnnieM
14-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Trofast Storage units from ikea. :thumbsup: I also have a large pine dresser that is used for toy storage, (games and jigsaws in the cupboards) as it is in the dining room which I use as my playroom. I have taken some photo's but need to find the iphone lead to upload, when I have I will put them on. :) I also use the cupboard under the stairs for craft stuff and storing larger/ unused items and older kids construction toys.

Mookins
14-05-2010, 06:57 PM
am lovin that trofast, not an ikea anywhere near me and imagine the cost to deliver would be pretty expensive:(

think il end up using more shelves under the stairs:laughing:

x x x

Rubybubbles
14-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Ikea storage for me too!

I also have a large cupboard in the hall way which fits in my 5X5 unit:clapping: so I rotate that with my 2X4 unit in the dining area (I have large open plan lounge dinner) with the kitchen (ikea) and chairs (ikea) out all the time:laughing: !

Then I have my gazebo just outside the patio door, which is great for popping things under. I am lucky though as I have a garage which is my god send for highchairs, pushchairs, bulky toys