PDA

View Full Version : heavy cold

sophiemarie
14-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi just abit advice do you take children with heavy colds little boy arrived this morning with a very heavy cold and was clingy to mum I said I thought he looked poorly but I still let him stay did I do the right thing I a sure that if he was at a nursery they would not of taken hime :)

PixiePetal
14-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Mindees need to be able to join in with the other children and my usual day. If they are not up to it, they go home.

They all get colds but if they are obviously suffering and should be at home tucked up in bed then home they go!

If he gets worse and cannot join in, ring mum :)

suzyblue
14-05-2010, 07:32 AM
I always take them if they have a cold. Unfortunately they can have so many coughs and colds that I cant see parents being able to take that much time off work. If the child really couldnt keep up with your normal routine then you could send them home.

Chimps Childminding
14-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Same here! Children have so many colds if you turned them away you would not have them half the time!! As long as they are able to join in with whatever you are doing, and are ok to go out on school runs etc, then I would still take them!!

See how it goes and if necessary phone mum later. Some parents find it better to be called out of work by a childminder saying their child is ill, than just ringing work and saying they can't go in cause their child is ill:D

sophiemarie
14-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for advice I am new to this so not sure what to do he has picked up a bit so I shall see how it goes. What would I do with out this site :)

monkey62
14-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I do the same. If they are well enough to join in at play, activitites going out at play group etc than I'm more than happy to have them but if they are very poorly and need to lay on a bed all day, than they are better to stay at home with parents