PDA

View Full Version : What can we claim for?

lizzymoonshine
25-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi

Just have a query, i am insured by royal and sun alliance, one of my mindees came to mine with his nintedo ds and 4 games in a case. To cut along story short i meet his mum at the swimming pool where my children have lessons for her to pick him up. He has lost his games. Now i'm not entirely sure he had them with him when we went but we can't find them anywhere. Can i claim on my insurance?

sarah707
25-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I would ring your insurance company - it's a grey area and depends on the wording of your policy...

Not just household insurance, but childminder as well.

Good luck! :D

Banana
25-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Not sure - its not techniacally your stuff is it, so dont know if it would be covered ??

Let us know what the insurers say

xx

sarah707
25-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Lana... I'm remembering a thread from a while ago about paying for lost shoes... was there something about NCMA saying the childminder would be responsible and would have to pay out... and that insurance covered it?

That's why I suggested Liz rang her childminder insurance as well, but I can't remember the exact wording... :D

crazybones
25-03-2008, 10:58 AM
I have a policy now stating if they bring anything with them I am not responsible for it and if they are not prepared to share anything they bring then dont bring it. We had a nintendo game disappear down the couch and took us 2 days and a lot of tears to find it. Luckily the mum was cool and said it was childs fault for bringing it but relief when it turned up.

deeb66
25-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Lana... I'm remembering a thread from a while ago about paying for lost shoes... was there something about NCMA saying the childminder would be responsible and would have to pay out... and that insurance covered it?

That's why I suggested Liz rang her childminder insurance as well, but I can't remember the exact wording... :D

Yes.....NCMA cover the childrens stuff too.

You do have a £50 excess though!