PDA

View Full Version : if ones not there??

mushpea
13-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi , right, i look after a child who is supposed to come on a monday, space is paid wether they come or not but more often than not they dont turn up,, i also have two other under 5's that day so am full for under 5's if they are all here, i have another parent who has asked if i can look after an under 5 on one of the mondays the other child dosent come, can i do this or will i be over my numbers as the other space is paid for even though hes not here?

caz3007
13-05-2010, 05:35 PM
If you are being paid if the child isnt there to hold the space, then I think you have to leave that space available. If the parent suddenly says I want him to come that day, then you have to accomodate. Subsequently you would be over your numbers.

Minstrel
13-05-2010, 06:33 PM
you werent there!]

Goatgirl
13-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi :),
If the family aren't using the space that day, there's no reason why you couldn't fill it with someone else at short notice. You're only over numbers if you go physically over your numbers.
However, it would be dishonest to accept payment for a space you 'sold' to someone else, so maybe just refund the original family for any days you can 'sell' again :).

Hope this helps,
Wendy :)

suzyblue
14-05-2010, 07:09 AM
you werent there!]

Thats what I thought!!:D :D

TheBTeam
14-05-2010, 09:00 PM
You will only be over your numbers if you physically had all of the children in your house, if the mum doesnt want to use the space on that day then I see no problem in being paid to have another child instead.

I dont feel that you need to refund the money, they still want the right to choose to use the space.

aly
14-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Thats what I thought!!:D :D

me too lol.

I've wondered this.

I did take on someone for a few hours 1 day and as it was my 1mindee was away for the week so i was able to take her and her younger sister.

birch24
15-05-2010, 04:31 PM
you werent there!]

That made me laugh :laughing: :laughing: