PDA

View Full Version : overnight care as a favour ??

sandy
25-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi all

I need advice again

One of my pregnant mums waters broke last night. LO dropped to me this am and I said to leave him here as long as necessary, no problem.

My worry is if this extends to tonight. I am not registered for overnight care so will have to do it as a favour, no charge, which I don't mind, but should I ask them to sign some sort of disclaimer to ensure they realise that my insurance, registration etc is invalid and I am looking after him as a friend not a registered cm ?
How can I word it ?

Help ???
Sandy :eek:

Pipsqueak
25-03-2008, 09:06 AM
If you are just doing it as a friend favour then yes I would make it very clear to them that this is outside of your childminding and is not covered by insurance, regulations etc. I suppose I would do a disclaimer.

It might not come to the overnight bit anyway - perhaps they have some other family who can take him overnight?

sandy
25-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi,
thanks for your input. There are no nearby family at all and they asked as soon as she was pregnant if they could call on me if necessary.
Hopefully baby will be born today so it won't be an issue.

thanks again
Sandy

sarah707
25-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes Sandy... cover your back!

Make sure they know you are not insured etc and give them a copy of your 'uncollected child' procedure, to make sure they keep in contact with you through the day.

An Easter baby... how exciting! :D

Banana
25-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Agree with the others!

Make sure you have paperwork in place that covers you!!

xxx

sandy
25-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Thankyou, will do

Sandy x

wendywu
25-03-2008, 04:26 PM
I have done this before but i dont charge for overnight care when a sibling is born. It is my present to them. So it is done as a friend. But i can mind overnight.

If you are not being paid, it is outside contracted hours when no other children except you own are on the premises then i cant think it has anything to do with Ofsted.:littleangel:

wendywu
25-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Of course i have heard that 3 weeks labour is quite common now:laughing:

Blaze
25-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Not funny Wendywu!!:rolleyes:
Tasha:D

wendywu
25-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Sorry Tasha, never mind the pain of your teeth will take your mind off the pain of childbirth. :laughing:

Blaze
25-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Actually..i was really just kidding...labour doesn't bother me at all...had the labour from hell before...very blaze about it now! Teeth are much better today...isn't that just typical!:rolleyes:
Tasha:)

wendywu
25-03-2008, 05:03 PM
My labours were very fast, root canal much much worse.:o

sandy
27-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks for your input everyone.
LO stayed with me overnight last night, as a favour, not paid, and baby girl was born this am.
LO was good as gold and took it all his stride.

I did get dad to sign disclaimer to make sure they realised that I was doing this as a friend and not as a registered cm and that all insurances etc were invalid.

Alls well that ends well and a lovely new addition to a great family :clapping:

Thanks

Sandy x

crazybones
27-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Lovely news. Glad everything turned out ok. :D