PDA

View Full Version : DCSF no more

Tired
13-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Michael Gove has re-branded the Department for Children, Schools and Families as the Department for Education.

What implications do you think this has for us?

He wants to focus on education, so I wonder where childcare, surestart, etc will fall in this and how things will change.

Mouse
13-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I was talking to a memebr of our Early Years team last week. She said everything they were doing was on hold until they know what changes are going to be made. They were holding off making decisions on funding, grants etc.

I don't think SureStart & Children's Centres are high on the list of Conservative priorities :rolleyes:

mama2three
13-05-2010, 11:23 AM
with huge spending cuts imminent i would think they could spend their budget more wisely than the vast sum it will take just to do the rebranding. Who cares what the department is called , its what they do that matters. what a waste of money :angry:

ajs
13-05-2010, 11:26 AM
with huge spending cuts imminent i would think they could spend their budget more wisely than the vast sum it will take just to do the rebranding. Who cares what the department is called , its what they do that matters. what a waste of money :angry:

didn't it used to be called the dept of education before the rebrandng of the rebranding of the rebranding

mama2three
13-05-2010, 11:30 AM
:laughing: :laughing:
Probably! Now they just need to pay someone tens of thousands of pounds for choosing a font and logo! Or maybe they could just use the old old one!

The Juggler
13-05-2010, 12:05 PM

well said - the new logo will cost them a small fortune! and isn't education for children, schools and families anyhow - how are they going to separate these two services - if they do, they'll need more staff!!!!

Heaven Scent
13-05-2010, 01:05 PM
:laughing: :laughing:
Probably! Now they just need to pay someone tens of thousands of pounds for choosing a font and logo! Or maybe they could just use the old old one!

Bagsi I the job!!!!! - I'd design something really really good - and if they were very very very good I could do something generic with lots of spaces so they could just change words and letters at will -

Now back off the rest of you greedy greedy people those millions are MINE ALL MINE!!!!!!

sillysausage
13-05-2010, 02:00 PM
with huge spending cuts imminent i would think they could spend their budget more wisely than the vast sum it will take just to do the rebranding. Who cares what the department is called , its what they do that matters. what a waste of money

my sentiments exactly. There are far better things to spend our taxes on.

suzyblue
13-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Bagsi I the job!!!!! - I'd design something really really good - and if they were very very very good I could do something generic with lots of spaces so they could just change words and letters at will -

Now back off the rest of you greedy greedy people those millions are MINE ALL MINE!!!!!!

You've all gone mad!!!!!:D

Beetlejuice
13-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't think SureStart & Children's Centres are high on the list of Conservative priorities :rolleyes:

The children's centres were specifically mentioned in their manifesto! They are in favour of them and want to expand the use of them as education centres for parents and they want to attach health visitors to them so there is better access to HVs for parents. Health visitor training and recruitment was high on their list of priorities for families.

I hope I don't sound like I work for them :blush: but it was something I was interested in when I was researching the election last week.

Pipsqueak
13-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I do think 'early years' as we know it is perhaps doomed.....

they are still separating care and education - which in my opinion is NOT a good thing.