PDA

View Full Version : enviromental health

lou lou
13-05-2010, 09:27 AM
just had the phone call i have got enviromental health comming on monday so i know what i am going to be doing this weekend giving my kitchen a good clean and the oven along with every thing else like washing and ironing no rest for the wicked just hope it is not too bad on monday.

haribo
13-05-2010, 09:45 AM
dont worry its very basic they just had a quick look round and chat i already had sfbb pack and she was impressed- she was giving them out to c.minders :)

sarah707
13-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Do you have a copy of safer food better business for childminders?

It's online here -

http://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/enforceessential/startingup/childminders/

Have a nosey through, it's very basic, nothing to worry about at all! :D

Ripeberry
13-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Had my inspection a few weeks back. Spent ages cleaning the kitchen, even the cupboards and did she want to see my kitchen??...
She just asked a few questions, looked at my food hygiene cert (did course on-line), looked at my food probe, but did not want to look in the fridge or anything.
Only took 20 mins :thumbsup:
But I think it was because she was the only inspector for a large area and had almost 500 CMs to inspect! :panic: :eek:

TammyN
13-05-2010, 07:05 PM
When i had mine she just checked fridge temp, hand wash area(must have antibac soap!) and then asked me questions on food storage, cooking and stuff! she didn't route, my dh had spent the weekend cleaning the oven and she didn't go near it, he was going to shout her back in to look at it :laughing: he was gutted!
as other's have said nothing to worry about!