PDA

View Full Version : Assistants and numbers

patevans
13-05-2010, 07:55 AM
My certificate says -

•may care for no more than 6 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 3 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 2 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)

•when working with an assistant, may care for no more than 6 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 5 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 3 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register)

so If I was to leave the children in the care of one of my assistants how many can she have on her own?

Would the numbers change if both of my assistants where here and in sole charge?

suzyblue
13-05-2010, 02:35 PM
If you are by yourself can you have 2 under 1? Your assistant can be left with the normal childminder ratios and I would presume two assistants could be left with the normal ratios of 2 childminders. They can only be left for a short time though as the person that owns the home is supposed to be on the premises. If you are on holiday you need to close.