PDA

View Full Version : Permission for someone else to pick up

SonnysMummy
24-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi:)
Just getting all my paperwork and policies written...nightmare!!!:panic: Do we need permission forms for someone else to pick up the children if parents aren't going to be around? I'm going to have passwords but do they need to give their permission? It's ok if they're going to know in advance but what if something comes up in the day and they can't sign the form but ring to say they want someone else to pick their child up?

sarah707
24-03-2008, 10:25 PM
With my initial information I ask for names of people who are allowed AND WHO ARE NOT ALLOWED to collect the child... including relationship to the child and age (since someone on here had a problem with a parent asking a 15 year old to collect).

In an emergency, I ask for a phone call from the parent, during which they must give me the collector's name, a physical description, plus an agreed password.

I state on my paperwork that without this I will not let the child go... even if the child recognises the person at the door and is asking to leave with them. Also if I do not have permission and cannot contact the parent and the person persists with asking to collect the child, I will ring the Police.

Hope this helps! :D

Teresa
25-03-2008, 12:07 AM
i have a form i give parents
this is what i have on the form. Hope this helps

Permission for child/ren to be collected by another adult
I/we have gave permission for the named adult to collect my child/ren from the child minder using the secret password and/or proof of I.D

Child’s name
Named adult
Secret password
Days/dates child to be collect by this person
Childminder’s name
Childminder’s signature
Parent(s)’ name
Parent(s)’ signature
Date

angeldelight
25-03-2008, 06:20 AM
I do more or less the same as Sarah

Angel xx

miffy
25-03-2008, 06:55 AM
If it's a regular arrangement (I have children who are taken to football or ballet after school by other parents and brought back to me later) then I have written permission from the parent

Day to day collection is covered on the contract and in my paperwork

In an emergency I use a password system

But if I am not happy about who is collecting the child then I wouldn't let them go until I'd spoken to the parent

miffy xx

angeldelight
25-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Yes my parents know that if they sent someone else in an emergency with out giving me notice first then I would not let their child go

I think most of it is common sense though

Hope you get your form sorted

Angel xx