PDA

View Full Version : less than 2hours unregisteed and get paid?

mushpea
13-05-2010, 07:03 AM
according to my local netmums unregisterd childcares can look after children for less then 2hours for a reward or payment,,, i didnt think this was true but they seem to think its changed and you can now do this. is this correct?

moogster1a
13-05-2010, 07:10 AM
yep. That's right

cuffleygirl
13-05-2010, 07:22 AM
I don't think this is right either - less than 2 hours yes think that bit is right but not for reward (monetary or whatever) therefore must be unpaid.

sandy64
13-05-2010, 07:26 AM
hi no money/gift is allowed to pass hands. not sure what hrs are for unregistered non payment tho. its always prove tho.:)

moogster1a
13-05-2010, 07:33 AM
I'm sure you can do it for pay if less than 2 hours.
It's why a lot of our holiday clubs which are paid for, are nor for 2 hours instead of a full day / half day, so they don't have to register evryone or do EYFS.

Ticktoria
13-05-2010, 07:42 AM
I went to a pre ICP workshop last night and this came up. According to the NCMA rep you don't have to be registered for care under 2 hours per day BUT if there is any kind of reward (even a bunch of flowers) you are required to be registered.

Ripeberry
13-05-2010, 08:00 AM
What about mums who help each other out. For example playdates? Before I was registered I used to have at least one or two children from my daughter's pre-school over from 12.30 until 2.30 at least once a week and then the parents would have my daughter for 2hrs once or twice a week.
Was that illegal?

Mookins
13-05-2010, 08:03 AM
What about mums who help each other out. For example playdates? Before I was registered I used to have at least one or two children from my daughter's pre-school over from 12.30 until 2.30 at least once a week and then the parents would have my daughter for 2hrs once or twice a week.
Was that illegal?

am sure thats what those topolice officers were doing looking after each others children...not sure of the whole details or what happened

x x

Kes
13-05-2010, 08:35 AM
You don't have to be registered for under 2 hours a day and can be paid but its only for so many days a year can't remember how many. Have read it somewhere a while ago.

Mouse
13-05-2010, 08:53 AM
This Ofsted fact sheet might help explain it

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Registration-not-required/(language)/eng-GB

moogster1a
13-05-2010, 08:55 AM
if it's more than 14 sessions a year you can't do it even if it's under 2 hours each day. Otherwise, under 2 hours you can get paid for without being registered

Mouse
13-05-2010, 09:44 AM
if it's more than 14 sessions a year you can't do it even if it's under 2 hours each day. Otherwise, under 2 hours you can get paid for without being registered

I don't think the 14 day rule applies unless you have a child for over 2 hours a day. I think the 14 days applies if you look after any children under 8, for any more than 2 hours. If you have them for up to 14 days a year you don't have to register, though you do need to inform Ofsted.

I understand it that you can have a child for up to 2 hours a day, all year round and be paid, but you wouldn't have to register.

A rather dodgy playgroup near me changed the length of their sessions to 1hr 55mins as it meant they didn't have to register (though that was about 9yrs ago, so things may have changed now).

Daftbat
13-05-2010, 09:56 AM
I opened an after school club a few years back and we were waiting for the certificate etc to come through . In the meantime we opened for 1 hour and 55 mins per day and were completely lawful - and we did charge. Thats what Ofsted told us to do at the time to get the provision open.

Mouse
13-05-2010, 10:14 AM
I opened an after school club a few years back and we were waiting for the certificate etc to come through . In the meantime we opened for 1 hour and 55 mins per day and were completely lawful - and we did charge. Thats what Ofsted told us to do at the time to get the provision open.

That's how I understood it to work.

This playgroup I knew was dreadful & did it to avoid having inspections!

caz3007
13-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I know a CM who is only going to have 1 under 5 and for less than 2 hours a day, cos she doesnt want to do EYFS, mind you would have thought she would still have to have the policies and RA's in place, am I right, she will have some rising 5's after school and in the hols