PDA

View Full Version : It can all change so quickly

Jules27
12-05-2010, 04:37 PM
:( Well only had a couple of slots to fill come september. So all rosey. Then parent drops bombshell last week that he may be made redundant at end of month. This child is full time so would be devistating for my income as I only have 2 under 5 spaces due to my youngest being 3. I know how awful it is for him as we were in same boat wiv hubby's job lat year - but of course i'm now worried for my income!!! I have a couple of vague enquiries i've followed up this week which would help if worst comes to worst but one is not til september. Have updated various ads on internet and with the FIS, think I am going to do a local leaflet drop - not done one for a while. At end of the day this parent may keep their job - but may not. can't just sit around waiting , doing nothing:(

Sorry for rant, feel bit better now!!:)

sarah707
12-05-2010, 04:42 PM
It's such a precarious business isn't it?

fingers crossed the dad's job is ok.

Hugs xx

Toothfairy
12-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

mumof4
13-05-2010, 06:00 PM
This has just happened to me too, ive had lo for 2 years and mum has been made redundant. They are still sending him 2 days(was 5) and seeing if mum will get new job. Thing is he has an older sister at school that I care for too and shes not going to come at all so losing almost 2 full time places!! There seems to be no enquiries our way at the mo so getting abit worried about money for next month:(

funemnx
13-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Are there fewer after schoolies due to after school clubs? I've just lost 2 full timers due to redundancy, 1 of whom was at school. I now have no school children at all, but getting loads of enquiries for babies which we can only have 3 of. I used to have 3 schoolies and 3 over 8's :(

tashaleee
14-05-2010, 06:41 AM
fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

hello kitty
14-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Hope you manage to drum up some business.

I am very lucky as childminders seem to drop like flies around here! :)

Jules27
14-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Things not looking good, Dad burst into tears at pick up tonight, the stress obviously getting to him poor man. He says he is now convinced he is one of the ones going:( He didn't really say anything else. The phone is just not ringing this month - had to turn enquiries away 6 weeks ago!! Have replied to a couple of parents on childcare.co.uk but not had replies. Going to get my leaflets sorted next week and out with my boys after school to deliver some. They are building a load of new houses behind me - some have people in already - so am hoping MAY get some work from someone there!! could be a bleak couple of months while I wait:(