PDA

View Full Version : Is SEF meant to be this difficult??

maisiemog
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I've just started writing my SEF. Want to do a good job of it, but this is hard work!!! I think I found my uni dissertation easier than this!!! Much harder to sell myself as the fab CM I know I am than I realised! I write something and then think it either sounds dumb or makes me seem really big headed!

Arghhhhhh....could be a long few days! Thank goodness I haven't had the dreaded call yet so I have a little while longer to get it perfect!!!

cherry
12-05-2010, 04:04 PM
I can recommend Sarah707's ebook, it really helped me when I did my SEF :thumbsup:

theplayroom
12-05-2010, 04:41 PM
i also found it really hard but basically i just used the notes that they come with and made sure i addressed each question! - good luck:D

wellybelly
12-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I try and update mine every month as things are changing all the time.

monkey62
12-05-2010, 04:44 PM
I founded really long and time consuming..... it took me nearly 2 weeks and I can't remember how many glasses of wine

sarah707
12-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Just take it question by question... and keep coming back to it when you think of other things to show how good you are at your job :D

Toothfairy
12-05-2010, 06:25 PM
I did mine over a period of a few days and I used Sarah's E-book which was a god send.

I also found it helpful to jot things down on a pad during the day as I thought of things and then added them to the SEF later on.

sophiemarie
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I am in the middle of mine and finding it a nightmare can't seem to get it organised in my brain and I was a senior nursery quality manager before I became a childminder so I thought I would not find it a problem!!!!

alison
13-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I sat down and did mine in one go, over two evenings. I then printed it off and read it on paper. I then revisited a few days later and made a few changes and then decided to leave it alone as you can keep tweaking and tweaking but not necessarily for the better! (IMHO)

When Ofsted phoned to say she was coming, she said she had read it and found it very comprehensive, so my inspection took 2 hours.

I asked her if I should have put anything differently, but she said not, and that it was a true and very accurate reflection of my setting.