PDA

View Full Version : I'm in nursery world!

Polly2
12-05-2010, 11:50 AM
On the first page :thumbsup: its talking about the foundation degree I am doing. The forum gets a mention too as it was Manjay who told me about the degree.

Yay fame at last!!

TheBTeam
12-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Well done you, it is funny seeing your name in print, and reading back things you have said or written!

Mouse
12-05-2010, 12:55 PM
How fab! I was just reading that & was wondering if it was someone from this forum :laughing:

I like the sound of the Foundation Degree. Would you recommend it?

The Juggler
12-05-2010, 12:55 PM
wow! mine comes tomorrow. how did you come to be interviewed hon?

Polly2
12-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I would definately recommend it :thumbsup: It is so relevant to childminding - I have learned so much. It fits around the family (I have 4 kids) because I can study anytime I am free.

Manjay is doing it too - she does it half e learning and half classroom because she lives near the uni. Its great to know someone in the classroom too as you sometimes get 'inside info' iykwim.

I just had an e mail from NW saying my tutor had put my name forward and would I be interviewed.

The Juggler
12-05-2010, 01:05 PM
I would definately recommend it :thumbsup: It is so relevant to childminding - I have learned so much. It fits around the family (I have 4 kids) because I can study anytime I am free.

Manjay is doing it too - she does it half e learning and half classroom because she lives near the uni. Its great to know someone in the classroom too as you sometimes get 'inside info' iykwim.

I just had an e mail from NW saying my tutor had put my name forward and would I be interviewed.

just seen the thread in training - can't believe you are doing this with 4 kids of your own:eek:

Mouse
12-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Is it easily achieveable in the 2 years?
I've looked at other courses & they seem to say it could take 2 years, full time, so much longer part time.

At my age time isn't really on my side & I'd want to do something that didn't take years & years :laughing:

Polly2
12-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes it has to be achievable because we have deadlines. We cover 2 units a term and there are 2 assignments per unit.

I know what you mean - I wouldn't want it dragging on and on.

Juggler...the kids are a doddle its the husband who's a pain in the bum!! Nah he's pretty good really :o