PDA

View Full Version : parents just visited

sjane2
12-05-2010, 10:49 AM
I have just had parents of baby twins round for a first visit. I was so nervous I don't think I came over very confident.:blush: I was the first childminder they had visited.

I'm sure they went away thinking the worst. I seem to have forgotten I have brought up 3 children of my own. One of the baby's toppled over and banged his head on my wooden floor as well while i was talking to the mum!! oh dear

well, have to wait and see if they contact me again. I think it is really hard to start off not having any mindees talking to parents.

It is saying what i will be doing all the time instead of talking confidently of what i am doing I think that makes me a bit nervous.

cas2805
12-05-2010, 10:53 AM
I am sure it all was ok, fingers crossed for you

mama2three
12-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I know exactly what you mean. So i position myself where i feel the most comfortable , on the floor with the children and talking to them! Once im in my comfort zone and parents have a view of how i am with the child then Im more relaxed with the parents , and they are too. I tend to offer them a drink when they arrive , then give them a cuppa and a look at my brief parent brochure whilst i play with the children ..then take it from there....

Twinklestars
12-05-2010, 12:13 PM
hope they call back :)

sjane2
12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I planned to do that. while i'm making drinks they could look through my folder, but they didn't want any drinks and they sat on the floor with the children, so that put me on edge. if I gave them it to read while I was there it seemed like i couldn't talk as they would not be able to read and if I didn't talk there would be a deathly silence!!

I think next time I will do better, I will take your advice and sit and talk to the children i think it depends on the parents really, some are easy to talk to and make you feel at ease so you naturally relax and others are different. This couple fell in to second catergory.

thanks for your comments I'll let you know it they come back!

CHUNKY MONKEY
14-05-2010, 10:02 AM
:thumbsup: it went well and they will contact you