PDA

View Full Version : Help

Roseolivia
12-05-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm putting this thread here because it'll probably be useful to everyone rather than just me.

I'm doing my final assignment for this years FD course. I have to audit a provision of mine, i think i'm going to choose a cross-curricular theme which i've choose to be the World Cup. I need to think of some activities to do with the World Cup for my planning. Up to now i've come up with:

Making flags for the different countries
Making football t-shirts
Making a results chart
Have a football game
Baking football themed cookies

Can anyone think of other things i could do?

Thanks

funemnx
12-05-2010, 12:53 PM
My husband devised a game for our own children last World Cup - they were teens at the time, but the game could be simplified. It was basically each of us guessing who would win each game and getting points for a win, draw, first goal etc. At the end, whoever got the most points won the World Cup, which we'd made at the beginning - presentation and BBQ after the final :)

Mookins
12-05-2010, 12:56 PM
perhaps you could find out how to say things like football and goal in the different languages?

just a thought
hope it helps

x x x

oooh just thought you could also choose team names, perhaps make banners with the team names on

x x

carol cameron
12-05-2010, 12:57 PM
At our local nursery they are going to prepare and try foods from the different countries that England are playing against.

sarah707
12-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Here are a couple of good threads :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58854&highlight=world+cup

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58331&highlight=world+cup

Mouse
12-05-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm putting this thread here because it'll probably be useful to everyone rather than just me.

I'm doing my final assignment for this years FD course. I have to audit a provision of mine, i think i'm going to choose a cross-curricular theme which i've choose to be the World Cup. I need to think of some activities to do with the World Cup for my planning. Up to now i've come up with:

Making flags for the different countries
Making football t-shirts
Making a results chart
Have a football game
Baking football themed cookies

Can anyone think of other things i could do?

Thanks

What about something to do with South Africa? Learn a few words in Afrikaans, look at traditional dress etc.

My son visited SA a couple of years ago & brought me back some fab posters & musical instruments. We're going to have a joint World Cup/South Africa theme :thumbsup:

AnnieM
12-05-2010, 04:38 PM
We are doing a local Football Stadium visit, decorating our own football shirts (cheap white ones from tesco) after first designing them on paper, baking cakes and biscuits and decorating them with the England flag, making a table top blow football game using ping pong ball and straws, making some bunting with all the different flags which I have just found here. :thumbsup: http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/flags_of_the_world.htm

Roseolivia
12-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all your help, after speaking to my tutor i have got the wrong idea, luckily i didn't start writing what i was thinking so now need to go back to my original plan. Still going to do this theme next month though as there's loads the mindees will learn from it

The Juggler
12-05-2010, 09:04 PM
do you have to audit your provision of say, PSRN/KUW hon. I did one like that too. give us a shout if you need a hand.

Roseolivia
13-05-2010, 06:20 AM
do you have to audit your provision of say, PSRN/KUW hon. I did one like that too. give us a shout if you need a hand.

Yes that's exactly what i have to do. I thought when it said a cross-curricular theme i could choose i theme that was going to cover all curriculum areas but that's not the right idea so i'm back to my original idea. Going to do PSRN in the outdoor area as this area needs improving. Thanks for the offer of help, may take you up on it when i have a wobble.

The Juggler
13-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Yes that's exactly what i have to do. I thought when it said a cross-curricular theme i could choose i theme that was going to cover all curriculum areas but that's not the right idea so i'm back to my original idea. Going to do PSRN in the outdoor area as this area needs improving. Thanks for the offer of help, may take you up on it when i have a wobble.

just to make it easier for you and to give you a broader scope you could identify effectiveness/ineffectiveness of the current provision in all areas of the setting, then you could sign the praises of the good bits (and explain why) and talk about why outdoors needs improving? Give you more words to play with.