PDA

View Full Version : Slapped Cheek

singlewiththree
12-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Does the rash have to be very red? Both my mindees and I have been full of a cold for well over 10 days and the two mindees have rashes on their cheeks. I heard today from a friend that her child has a suspected case of slapped cheek (confirmed by doc) what do you think?

theplayroom
12-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi it doesnt have to be bright red, hope this info helps....

http://www.cks.nhs.uk/patient_information_leaflet/slapped_cheek_syndrome

angeldelight
12-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Carol might be able to give you some advice one of her children recently had this

She should be on at some point through out the day

Angel xx

charleyfarley
12-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Mitchell had this a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to flare up but then more or less disappear during the day. It's a viral thing so nothing is given by the dr, I was told just paracetamol to be given. Although dr did say that if it didn't clear up after 5 days to go back.

The rash seemed to be under the skin, iykwim and was only on one cheek even though the other cheek was red. He also had no illness with it.

I would ask or tell parents to take them to the drs just to confirm it but as usual it's contagious before it comes out.

It does seem to be going round right now

Carol xx

SYLVIA
12-05-2010, 06:27 PM
One mindee of mine had this a few weeks ago. Had a headache for a couple of days and seemed tired. He had one red cheek in the morning and the other was red when i picked up from preschool. It was ony then that it registered what it might be. Parent had it confirmed at doctors but nothing could be given to help. He was fine in a couple of days. Ive heard its quite bad for early pregnant women

Tealady
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
It was going round my DD's pre-school and she had it and was only slightly rosey. My mindee then got it (probably off my DD as it wasn't going round Mindee's school) and she really looked like she had been slapped hard or exherted herself immensely. Both were run down before the redness but then were as right as rain when it came out