PDA

View Full Version : I'm so cross

twiggy
11-05-2010, 04:38 PM
My 4 yr old mindee was dropped to me at school today. On walking home I realised that the childs shoes were too big and she was unable to walk in them. She fell over twice on the way home and we had to walk really slowly. I text mum and asked her to bring replacement shoes as we were off to a childminding group and we were walking. Mum text back to say she was working so couldn't. I ended up paying my assistant who had a day off to come to the group with me and push the 4yr old in a pushchair as I already had 2 children in a double buggy.

Mums response when she collected the child was "I told you not to wear those shoes" I'm really cross there was no apology to me and she actually blamed the child.

Should I charge her for my assistant?

Hebs
11-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Should I charge her for my assistant?

i dont think you could and i know my parents wouldnt pay.
i would have just let mindee walk

The Juggler
11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't think you can charge her either hon. I would have given the group a miss and laid the guilt trip on mum as to why all the children had to miss out!

Mouse
11-05-2010, 05:19 PM
That is very annoying, but I don't think you could charge for having to use your assistant...you could try though!

I keep wellies at my house for the children, so would have put her in those, or she would just have had to manage in her shoes & we'd have walked slowly :rolleyes:

miffy
11-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't think the parent would pay for your assistant.

I would have done as the others suggested, either miss the toddler group or let the child walk.

Miffy xx

edayhouse
11-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi
I wouldnt charge them extra but i would make sure that they were aware that you had to call your assistant to come and help you and that the child couldnt walk without falling over with shoes that were unsuitable therefore you needed to put child in a buggy.

Some parents eh....

mushpea
11-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I wouldnt have got my assistant in i would have made the child walk,,, I had a child yesterday, came with no coat and a thin top, i had planned to take the children to the park and I did,, dont see why the other children should miss out , just to add that the park was in the sunshine and the child seemed quite happy running around and keeping warm that way but still not the point

Toothfairy
11-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I think I would have just changed my plans and stayed at home.
I would defo have a word with mum and make it very clear that it is her responsibility to make sure that her child comes dressed in the appropriate clothes and shoes. I would also let her know that I had to alter my whole day because the child had ill fitting shoes on.

twiggy
11-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks for your replies. I would have given the group a miss but I had helped to arrange a visit today from a guide dog and the other children i mind were really excited. I did lay it on thick to mum that I now had to pay my assistant and it just went over her head as she is so wrapped up in herself. It wasn't just the shoes she also sent the child in dungerees which the child can't undo. As for walking slowly it took us 35mins to get back from school when it normally only takes 15 as she fell over twice and the shoes kept falling off.