PDA

View Full Version : Any idea's for advertising please?

angiebubs
11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been a childminder for 7 years now and moved to Chester from Liverpool in October last year.

Since I moved here I have not had any children to mind and I'm getting really frustrated about where to advertise. :angry:

I have adverts in the local shops, schools, my house windows, my car, I have a website, etc and have had no response.

I am at the point where I am going to have to look for a part-time job as I desperately need an income.

Does anyone please have any ideas what I can do regarding advertising please? I have no funding and need it to be free!

Many thanks.
Angie :thumbsup:

Tink
11-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I have had responses from Netmums and childcare.co.uk you can advertise on there, and if there is any mother and toddler groups, local library etc put your adverts in there.

monkey62
11-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Childcare.co.uk - this is not for free but you can get a 50% discount through forum
You can also advertise here in forum
Netmums - is for free
Play groups, toddlers
Local Sure Start Center
Direct gov
Other childminders which are full (Vista bussines card - 250 for free)
Health visitor notice board
Maybe schools around your area - you can ask at reception to put your details in them newsletter (for school pick up)
Hope you will get someone soon. Good luck

heatherw
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
i would recommend childcare.co.uk. become a full member and send a message to local parents looking for childcare. if you are a full member, they can reply to you for free.

bexcee
11-05-2010, 04:04 PM
I had a friend who leaflet dropped the whole village with a A5 sized advert stating that she was a local chilldminder with vacancies and a brief bit about what she did, contact details, website address etc. She got quite a few enquiries from it and is now full. I know the post office will do the leaflets when they deliver the post but not sure how much they charge.
Other than that all of the above are good ideas, leaflet drop the local schools, ask them to put them in the children's drawers/bags etc
Good luck hope you soon get some interest

angiebubs
11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Many thanks for all of the ideas.

Angie
x

sandy64
11-05-2010, 04:38 PM
hi your local college as theyl be enrolling for sept soon. big a4 in your window ive just had another call today but am full. schools and nurserys ask them to put leaflet in there pre-school /nursery welcome packs. good luck:)