PDA

View Full Version : Just been sacked !!!!!

Ms WG
11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
After crying for the last half hour, Im now just tamping mad at the rudeness of the man.

Started settling in sessions for mindee a few months ago. She came nearly week for 2 hours at a time and mother was very pleased with everything

She started full-time with me last Tuesday (after the bank holiday) and I had her for four days. As far as I was concerned the week had gone well, baby was happy and settled, she was eating her dinners for me which had been one of my concerns.

Father arrived yesterday to say that she wouldnt be coming that day as she had come down with a cold over the weekend and was at the doctors. He commented on my ds (18 month) who also came down with a cold over the weekend and asked if he was prone to illness, to which I told him no

Father again turned up today and said she wouldnt be coming anymore and they were sending her to grandmothers instead and that there were "alarms bells ringing with them" I asked him what and he was so ****** patronising and rude, I could hardly answer him. In short he's not happy (its apparently his decision not the mothers) with

1 I put together a treasure basket and an unused credit card was in there which mindee loved transferring back and fore in his hands, I noted that in her daily diary, the mother even laughed about it but father thinks its unappropriate

2 My double buggy is not of a good enough standard. I did inform him that he buggy he was referring to was the one that was parked up at the side of the house unused waiting for the council bulky refuse department to take it away and the double buggy I use is locked away in the house

3 That I had mentioned to the mother that I had watched the election on the tv til about 5.00am - that is not appropriate either

4 That my son is obviously prone to illness in their opinion - how dare he - if anyone is familar with my sons health it is me and hes a robust little soul

And with that he upped and went

Obviously no notice period as its within the first four weeks, but of a mind to charge them sickness for yesterday and initially broke my heart feeling like a piece of worthless nothing, but now Im fuming that this man came into my home and spoke to me like that.

Also should I inform CSSIW of the events

Blaze
11-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Sounds like you've had a lucky escape - their loss not your's (& parent's like that you can do without):thumbsup:

:)

It's a small world
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Poor you I'm not sure how CSSIW works but I wouldn't be happy either . Sending hugs and hope someone more qualified will be along soon to give you advice 

margaret
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
who signed the contract mother father or both

WibbleWobble
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
:censored: :censored: :censored: man!!!

how dare he!...

I am so cross for you!

You mightve got off lightly there though....me thinks he is a bit of a :censored: and i wouldnt want to look after his kid ....imagine having to give notice?

lots of hugs and cuddles

mandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx

aly
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
you've been doing settling in sessions for a few months?

You could mention to CSSIW although they may not be that interested but just as well to note in case they put in a complaint???

I would be billing them for 4 weeks notice {if you have 4 week notice period} as they have been coming for a few months.

it counds to me that they used you and have now moved on!! I would be tamping too!

The excuse they have given you do not stand up!.

Ms WG
11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks ladies, think I'll give CSSIW a ring just to cover myself

The mother signed the contracts,and of course they've paid for four days childcare and now have my registration number for tax credit purposes

Ripeberry
11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I am so :eek: :angry: for you. At least they left before causing too much trouble. Sounds like he is a control freak and does not like his wife sorting things out :mad:
Also, I bet he wants to keep costs down so granny can do everything for free :rolleyes:
Can you imagine him at a nursery? "How dare these other kids give my child an illness".
He's got a shock waiting for him as the child gets older.
Hope you find some nicer parents than him. Of course it's sad not seing the nice mum and mindee again, but was he not like this when you all first met?

ajs
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
sorry to hear about this
it makes you feel rubbish though doesn't it, even when you know you've done nothing wrong

i had one who gave notice while rummaging in the nappy bag ( no eye contact made whatsoever) told me the boys wouldn't be coming back at all and left

apparently their decorator had told them the children run riot at my house.
he came to give us a quote for some work and the children were running up and down my very long wide hall chasing each other and a ball. and the other reason they gave was that the little one had a constantly wet bib ( i had been very careful that this never happened as they had left a nursery for this very reason).
they thougth i would persue the notice money either, they were wrong.

wendywu
11-05-2010, 03:43 PM
What goes around comes around, i just hope grandma does not fall ill too often or they could find themselves without childcare:angry:

haribo
11-05-2010, 03:44 PM
how dare he :angry: none of those reasons are a valid reason to give notice -seems like you have been used and you should be thankful they are gone . he sounds like a father i used to have, i gave notice as soon as i could and i ended up with a lovely family so good luck i hope you soon replace them ..

Hebs
11-05-2010, 03:51 PM
i would send them a letter (firmly worded but nice) stating 4 weeks notice is required, and that you also have to inform the tax credits (inland revenue) that childcare has stopped, and the dts the child was there :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
11-05-2010, 03:52 PM
What a horrible man! and what a pathetic list of complaints.
Maybe he ought to quit work and look after his child, sounds like nobody else will ever be good enough

Straws
11-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I would also give tax credits a ring make sure they wont be claiming on your registration number.

Straws xx

bexcee
11-05-2010, 04:09 PM
None of those are valid reasons for terminating a contract and I would send them a polite but firm letter stating that a four week notice period is required and if they are not sending the child that is their choice but you still expect to be paid.
Maybe you could phone the mum and say you are sad that you won't be caring for her little one and see what she has to say about it.

Amaranth
11-05-2010, 04:20 PM
It sound like you are well rid of them but I would just add that if it is only Mum and not Dad who has signed the contract then it is only Mum who you can accept cancellation from as your contract is with her.

As the others have said, i would contact tax credits people and let them know. I totally agree with bexcee too, the reasons he gave for termination are just silly things that he has made up for the sake of it.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
11-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I would def be calling tax credits, Its not your job to do so but i would hate to think they are using your number to claim.

sit down, have a cuppa and breathe a sigh of releif to the lucky escape u have had

Ripeberry
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
It sound like you are well rid of them but I would just add that if it is only Mum and not Dad who has signed the contract then it is only Mum who you can accept cancellation from as your contract is with her.

As the others have said, i would contact tax credits people and let them know. I totally agree with bexcee too, the reasons he gave for termination are just silly things that he has made up for the sake of it.

True, only the mum can cancell. Better ring her or write and have it from her.
Bet he is giving her a hard time as well :(

candy cat
11-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Chin up........lucy escape I say as he would be constantly on your case by the sounds. cx

Toothfairy
11-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Don't be upset, to be honest he sounds like a nightmare, I think you have had a lucky escape there.

Chin up :thumbsup:

hello kitty
11-05-2010, 06:35 PM
OMG the common audacity of some people!

I would be absolutely livid too.

Think you have already been given good advice. You will have to put it down to experience but it's a bitter one.

Merry-Minder
11-05-2010, 06:47 PM
What a complete and utter t:angry: :angry: t!!!

Id be glad to be rid of that family, proberly better that it came out now rather than later.

Is he a short man by any chance???:D

Ms WG
11-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Am putting the finishing touches to my email to the mother. Firstly stating how well she had settled in and that mum had seemed very pleased with her progress.

Then went onto state that the contract can only terminated by herself in writing and not verbally by a third party. And that in view of the intimidatory, patronising, condescending and insulting way I had been spoken to, I was immediately terminating the contract myself and gave her written notice and billed her £40.00 for child sickness days.

Honestly, I could have been Mary Poppins and he would have complained about the umbrella

Chimps Childminding
11-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Good for you!!!!:clapping: Hope the mum hasn't been bullied in to grandma having lo (especially if it is his mum who is having him/her:angry: ) Hope you find a lo with some really nice parents soon!!!

Blaze
11-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Am putting the finishing touches to my email to the mother. Firstly stating how well she had settled in and that mum had seemed very pleased with her progress.

Then went onto state that the contract can only terminated by herself in writing and not verbally by a third party. And that in view of the intimidatory, patronising, condescending and insulting way I had been spoken to, I was immediately terminating the contract myself and gave her written notice and billed her £40.00 for child sickness days.

Honestly, I could have been Mary Poppins and he would have complained about the umbrella

Good for you!:clapping:

Oh & :laughing: :thumbsup: re the Mary poppins comment!:D

little_gems
11-05-2010, 08:07 PM
good for you:jump for joy: keep us updated if mum gets in contact

Ripeberry
11-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Good on you. Hope the mum is OK. Bet the granny is the MIL.

Ms WG
11-05-2010, 08:34 PM
just pressed send *gulp*

I also made enquiries as what medical qualifications the father had to make judgement on my sons health :-)

The Juggler
11-05-2010, 08:36 PM
just pressed send *gulp*

I also made enquiries as what medical qualifications the father had to make judgement on my sons health :-)

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: go for it - he can't turn any nastier and YOU will feel better for doing it.x

Ripeberry
11-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Way to go girl! :thumbsup:

sunflower
11-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Good for you, how dare he speak to you that way.....:angry:

Let us know their reply...keep your chin up...and poo to him :laughing:

auntym
11-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Good for you hon. Im disgusted at how he spoke to you. What a kn@b! X

charliegee
11-05-2010, 09:23 PM
well done hun - sounds a horrid man - hope that all sorts itself for you - do keep us posted too!! xxx

moljak
11-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Well done on the email.It does sound like you've had a lucky escape.remember though there are other good parents out there who will value what you do :)

bexcee
11-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Well done for doing something about it and sticking up for yourself and your business. Let us know if the mum responds, would be interesting to hear what she has to say about the situation if she has been pleased with everything so far. Don't let this get you down, you have done nothing wrong and I am sure another little one will be along soon with lovely parents who will treat you in the way in which you deserve to be treated :)

Joannechildmind
11-05-2010, 09:38 PM
well done you go girl!!!!

Cant wait to hear their reply !!!

keep us posted :thumbsup:

Louise B
12-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Well done for the email! Good for you, that's terrible that the ignorant **** spoke to you like that! How rude, and like you said, how dare he assume about your child's health!! So their daughter's never been ill?? My 2 older girls both went to a nursery when I worked, one was always getting poorly, and the doctor told me kids who go to nursery will get an average of 10 infections a year! Kids mix with other kids, germs go around in the air, kids get colds, you can't hibernate and keep them wrapped in cotton wool, stupid man! lol. And maybe your child picked up the bug from theirs!

My ex partner got really funny about the nursery when our daughter had a couple of bouts of impetigo, although there was no proof of where she was getting it from, and none of us had it... but he announced one day "I'm sick of that nursery, got a good mind to take her somewhere else".... Hmmm, except it was close to MY work, because I took her, paid for her, etc! ****** idiot. Some people expect the most ridiculous things don't they.

And as for the credit card...FFS!! Inappropriate??? Why??????? Maybe she was buying stuff from Ebay while you were cooking tea! pmsl.

((( ))) to you, don't let the prat get to you, and let us know what the response is like.xxx

Ms WG
12-05-2010, 09:28 AM
No reply as yet, though message has been received

She's also changed her advert on childcare.co.uk stating that her mum is looking after baby and needs a childminder as soon as possible

They will of course need a childminder who has no children of their own, no other minded children, pass stringent medical tests and sign an undertaking to be tucked up in bed by 10pm every night !!!!!

Joannechildmind
12-05-2010, 10:05 AM
No reply as yet, though message has been received

She's also changed her advert on childcare.co.uk stating that her mum is looking after baby and needs a childminder as soon as possible

They will of course need a childminder who has no children of their own, no other minded children, pass stringent medical tests and sign an undertaking to be tucked up in bed by 10pm every night !!!!!

like shes going to find anyone like that !!! :rolleyes:

the nerve of some people :angry:

wellybelly
12-05-2010, 10:14 AM
There are a few parents around like this, be greatful you found out in the first four weeks. Put it down to experience and don't take it personally. We all experience something like this at some point in our careers as childminders.

Some parents feel better about themselves for acting in this way. It's sad and I doubt anything will be good enough for their child. Oh they'll learn!!!!!

Why not advertise your vacancy today - it's quite liberating hanging posters in shops and updating web pages. A;ways makes me feel like I am achievinbg something.

Best of luck x

Bushpig
12-05-2010, 11:40 AM
hahahaha oh my goodness I have to laugh - how very pathetic of him!!!! I feel so sorry for his wife and child!!!

Good for you re the email... stick to your guns, you have done NOTHING wrong. Ensure you get your money. Be grateful you found out what he was like at this early stage :thumbsup:

I hope you fill the vacancy soon x

madredann
12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
People like that make me sick sounds like he was using it as an excuse. Although I sympathise with you and the way you have been treated I feel most sorry for the child.

benharjac
12-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I THINK YOU NEED A PAT ON THE BACK..... YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG... YOU HAVE KEPT YOUR CALM AND DELT WITH IT WELL.. DEF PHONE TAX CREDITS AND I WOULD WANT THE FOUR WEEKS NOTICE MONEY... i WOULD INSIST THAT THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THE CONTRACTS PUT IT IN WRITING (MUM).

Curly Quavers
12-05-2010, 12:41 PM
i would send them a letter (firmly worded but nice) stating 4 weeks notice is required, and that you also have to inform the tax credits (inland revenue) that childcare has stopped, and the dts the child was there :thumbsup:

I think I would do this it lets them see they can't behave like that and have no repercussions.

Carol M
12-05-2010, 09:28 PM
OMG what an ignorant tw@t!:angry:
Where are some parents from??
Well done for your email. Definitely contact Tax Credits, perhaps they did this just to get money. It has been done to me before. We trust parents and believe what they say initially and they take advantage of our good nature.
REVENGE CAN BE SWEET.
Keep us posted on progress
Good luck
Hugs
Carol x

Ripeberry
13-05-2010, 08:02 AM
I would still write a letter, as you don't know if he has access to the wife's e-mails and she might not have even seen it :(

Ms WG
13-05-2010, 06:18 PM
No reply to my email - but this morning Mr Postman delivered a brown envelope with a cheque for the money I requested inside. No covering letter or nuffing.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

emmadines
13-05-2010, 06:28 PM
No reply to my email - but this morning Mr Postman delivered a brown envelope with a cheque for the money I requested inside. No covering letter or nuffing.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

you are better off without them girlie. good luck :)

Ripeberry
13-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Cash it quick, make sure it doesn't bounce. Good riddance as you said and I hope you get some good parents soon :thumbsup:

bexcee
14-05-2010, 01:07 PM
At least you now have what you are owed and I think you had better give up on an apology! :angry: what a rude family, best of without them I think.
Good luck in filling your space :)

The Juggler
14-05-2010, 01:22 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: good riddance and you got your money!