PDA

View Full Version : yet another no show

nelly
11-05-2010, 03:03 PM
:( just wonderd if any of you get this alot, because im feeling that it must be me .am so fed up feel like not bothering anymore.:huh:

bexcee
11-05-2010, 04:10 PM
A potential new child do you mean? I am getting very few enquries at the moment never mind anyone booking to come and see me. No it's not you, just rude people who don't value your time, better off without them in my opinion :panic:

peanuts
11-05-2010, 04:26 PM
i dont get too much out now just in case of no shows. all paperwork on a pile on the table and if they turn up will show them. if not it gets put away again

Minstrel
11-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Recently i had a no show and a week later the mum rang up and said

'sorry, my husband had a busy day at work and didn't feel up to it, can we make another appt?'

i said no sorry and then paused, i was going to lie and say i'd filled it but i thought why should she think that her behaviour is acceptable, so i just said

'if i don't recieve notice of a cancelled appt then i'm reluctant to enter into any kind of further arrangement.'

She was :eek: but thanked me for my time and asked if i could recommend any one else (i didn't as it wouldn't be fair to the cm but gave her fis number). Hopefully she won't make the same mistake again.

miffy
11-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Some parents are very poor at letting you know if they've changed their minds.

Make sure you get a contact number when they make the appointment then at least you can phone them if you want to follow it up.

If they can't be bothered to let you know they're not coming you've probably had a lucky escape imho.

Fingers crossed for some more positive phone calls soon

Miffy xx

francinejayne
11-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Recently i had a no show and a week later the mum rang up and said

'sorry, my husband had a busy day at work and didn't feel up to it, can we make another appt?'

i said no sorry and then paused, i was going to lie and say i'd filled it but i thought why should she think that her behaviour is acceptable, so i just said

'if i don't recieve notice of a cancelled appt then i'm reluctant to enter into any kind of further arrangement.'

She was :eek: but thanked me for my time and asked if i could recommend any one else (i didn't as it wouldn't be fair to the cm but gave her fis number). Hopefully she won't make the same mistake again.

Good on you! :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
11-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I hate it when they don't even have the manners to phone and cancel.

:angry: for you.