PDA

View Full Version : Holiday notification

manjay
24-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Does anyone have a form they get parents to complete to book hols they care to share. I have tried to make one but it looks a bit short so I am sure I am missing something

Thanks

amanda xx

avril
24-03-2008, 07:38 PM
I keep a page blank in the front of their daily diary so we write our holidays there giving at least 4wks notice as stated in the contract (emergencies allowed !!). This way I have holidays to hand in the day and parents have them to refer to also.

Avril x:)

manjay
24-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I keep a page blank in the front of their daily diary so we write our holidays there giving at least 4wks notice as stated in the contract (emergencies allowed !!). This way I have holidays to hand in the day and parents have them to refer to also.

Avril x:)

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I only have one who has a daily diary, the rest are older. Can't think of any other way to do it other than them completing a form for me

amanda xx

Lou
24-03-2008, 07:50 PM
What do you have in contracts Amanda?

I always say that i want 4 weeks (written) notice of any holidays, however as i charge full for any holidays taken, it doesnt make much odds to be fair.

I dont charge for my hols so i always put that in writing, and give as much notice as poss (at least 4 weeks)

manjay
24-03-2008, 08:12 PM
What do you have in contracts Amanda?

I always say that i want 4 weeks (written) notice of any holidays, however as i charge full for any holidays taken, it doesnt make much odds to be fair.

I dont charge for my hols so i always put that in writing, and give as much notice as poss (at least 4 weeks)

I do ask for 4 weeks written notice but one Mum threw it into the conversation the other day that they were going away in June. I just wanted to put a form in with her invoice for her to complete with the dates she is away. I only charge half for the first 2 weeks of their hols so it will make a difference to the invoice.

amanda xx

miffy
24-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry Amanda i don't have a form but i would have thought the shorter the better really - you only need the dates and the parents are more likely to fill it in if it's to the point

miffy xx

manjay
24-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Sorry Amanda i don't have a form but i would have thought the shorter the better really - you only need the dates and the parents are more likely to fill it in if it's to the point

miffy xx

Thanks, I have done it now and you are right short but sweet is good :D

amanda xx

sarah707
24-03-2008, 08:32 PM
You could print it on A5 paper... then it will fill up more space! :D

deeb66
25-03-2008, 02:08 PM
As Sarah says do it on A5 rathr than A4.

That is how the schools do it.

It only needs to be short and to the point.

I.E. name, date of holiday, last day with you, day expected to return, sign & date.