PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sorry for myself .......

Tina O
11-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Sorry I'm going to be very self-indulgent and feel very sorry for myself!!!

I am really struggling to find work in the area I am in in BFG.. (British Forces Germany) I have never had a problem before and have worked in UK and other areas of BFG and always had enough work. The new baby I was due to start has fallen through and I feel really --:censored: ---- off. I'm down to two mindees, both part time, and one of them will start school in September and cut hrs right down..

Sorry for the moan but the lack of enquiries is really getting to me...
...:( :crying:

hayleychildcare
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Im sure things will pick up soon.:thumbsup:

Ive had 4 enquiries in the last 2 weeks that ive had to give to someone else as its a school i carnt do (and only 5 minutes walk away) but i already do 2 schools. I could really of done with these mindees aswell.

My fingers are crossed for you and im sending you phone ringing vibes :thumbsup:

maryp0ppins
11-05-2010, 12:23 PM
It's awful when things don't work out...I was in a similar situation, loosing 2 in Sep due 2 school in another catchment, 2 leaving in July due to mum pregnant & 1 left a few weeks ago due to ill health mum...

But we have to pick ourselves up & like on another post i have just read on here ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE. Make flyer's,posters & get yourself out there!

I really went for it as i was feeling down in the dumps to. I have a new contract for a flexi 12month old (although turning out quite good as iv had him 1 or 2 days nearly every week & i have a new 1 starting when he starts reception 5 days before & after school) something Will come along if you advertise like crazy. hth

xx

AnnieM
11-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I feel for you, apart from my after schoolies I only have 2 part time mindees, one is on an 8 week contract (2 weeks in) an the other will be leaving me in August as mum will be going on maternity leave and not returning to work. :( haven't had an enquiry in months apart from the short term contract and not sure what else to do really, I have advertising on my car, posters up wherever I can, embroidered clothing, website, childcare.co.uk etc. :panic:

I wish you luck and hope that you pick something up soon as the uncertainty is horrible. :(