PDA

View Full Version : one off care

moogster1a
11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
I've just had a lady 'phone asking for care for her lo tomorrow for 1 day only.
I've got a space, but what do I need to have in terms of paperwork?
I asked for contact details for mum, 2 emergency numbers, any allergies.
is there something else I need? It seems a bit mad to thrust all my policies etc. on her for 1 day!

monkey62
11-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Not sure...... I had a similar enquiry in a past and I refused them.... I never accept a child in my house without a contract beeing signed...... if something will happened with that child you are not cover by your insurance or if parents are funny and acusing you about something again you are not covered.
I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong but that is what I do...... maybe someone else will come along with a better advice.

bexcee
11-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Why is it only one day of care? Is there normal childminder ill/on holiday? I would be wary of taking on a child I didn't know without any paperwork or a contract to be honest.

moogster1a
11-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Apparently she has to go on a training course in preparation for starting work and they changed the day at the last minute.
I was thinking of writing one sheet of paper with
"i agree to emergency medical care
I agree to transport in car

Etc. etc.
and get her to initial each one then sign at bottom.
She's bringing cash upfront in the morning

sandy64
11-05-2010, 04:33 PM
it could be that mum has an apointment and cant/wont take lo if you do do it you would still need temporary contract and health details of child i wouldnt do policys for a day. but others may disagree?

catswhiskers
11-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Couple of weeks ago I cared for a child for one week as mum was on a teacher training course.

I did a short-term policy, a child record form and got a signature for in the event of an emergency.

No policies given.

Ripeberry
12-05-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm doing a short-term contract at the moment 3hrs each afternoon just for this week. I gave all my permission forms to be completed and contact details and the short-term contract and gave a higher rate as it's a one-off.
Policies are available, but I did not give any copies.