PDA

View Full Version : A place to visit in Liverpool

Mrs M
11-05-2010, 06:59 AM
For any of you northern childminders, we went to the most amazing place yesterday - World Museum in Liverpool. There are five levels - bugs, ancient world, aquarium, dinosaurs, space. All for free. A lovely coffee bar, cafe, shop and of course lifts (which my son found most interesting! He was the lift attendant but it helped with number recognition!)
We got the train there, got into the museum just after 10am and walked out at 4pm!!! Shattered today but well worth it. I'm still buzzing from it and so excited. I just can't wait to go back, never mind the children! :laughing: :clapping:

HELEN10
11-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Do you mean Weston Park? If so yes i agree i love it more that mcr science and industry. Kids loved it too younger and older, been twice now!

TammyN
11-05-2010, 08:49 AM
totally agree, it's fab isn't it. i've took mindee's last year in the hols but it was busy!! been twice this year already with my own 2 lo's, my ds (age 5) loves the dinosaurs and my dd (age 3) loves the plantation room/aquarium.
think i will take older mindee's again but not littleones as couldn't store the pram last time as they were full :eek: so had to push it round with us, only took it for walking to and from across the roads safely!!

francinejayne
11-05-2010, 09:46 AM
For any of you northern childminders, we went to the most amazing place yesterday - World Museum in Liverpool. There are five levels - bugs, ancient world, aquarium, dinosaurs, space. All for free. A lovely coffee bar, cafe, shop and of course lifts (which my son found most interesting! He was the lift attendant but it helped with number recognition!)
We got the train there, got into the museum just after 10am and walked out at 4pm!!! Shattered today but well worth it. I'm still buzzing from it and so excited. I just can't wait to go back, never mind the children! :laughing: :clapping:

Thanks very much for that, I think we may go there in June when the little one I look after isn't at pre-school, so we can spend the full day there!

katieanna
12-05-2010, 09:34 PM
We love the World museum.....have you tried Underwater St that is fab as well...but not free (you can use tesco vouchers though).

juejue
12-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Is that right you can use the Tesco vouchers to get into Underwater street :)