PDA

View Full Version : Fire log book

IndigoViolet
10-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me what a fire log book contists of? Is it something I can put together myself, and if so, what does it need in it? Or is there something I can buy that covers everything that I will need.
Many thanks for any help.

Carol M
11-05-2010, 07:01 AM
I have a Fire Risk Assessment and a book that I record all fire drill details.
I have done my own.
Carol:)

sarah707
11-05-2010, 07:03 AM
You should consider having the following...

Risk assessment...

Procedure for getting out safely...

Child appropriate poster...

Adult poster showing exits and location of smoke alarms / fire blanket...

List of fire escape practices including anything that went wrong...

Notes from any fire station visits

Hth :D

amandajane08
11-05-2010, 07:45 AM
My trio worker advised me to have a floor plan of the house, that way you could show the firemen where any children maybe for example if they were upstairs asleep, you could show them what room they were in.

Amanda J xx

Mouse
11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I call mine "emergency evacuation plan", not "fire evacuation plan" as it should cover any emergency, not just fire.

My Ofsted inspector commented on it during an inspection a few years ago and it's something that's always stuck with me.

IndigoViolet
11-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all your comments. As usual I think I was getting too hung up on things, things can be kept quite simple once you know what's going on!
Many thanks

linda2girls
11-05-2010, 09:21 PM
My goodness, a fire risk assessment - I haven't got one of those. Does anyone know if there is a copy on the web I could look at?

Thanks,
Linda.

Helga
20-05-2010, 08:00 AM
My Fire plan comes under the banner Emergency procedures.
All emergency procedures are risk assessed on one sheet, I keep a copy of my emergency procedure policy and a floor plan in the front of my Log book where I record all alarm tests, fire officer visits and practice evacuations. The log has a section for recording any emergencies and actions taken but luckily that only has an example in it.