PDA

View Full Version : Parent facing pushchairs

Spangles
10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm thinking of buying one of these but I'm very confused as to which are good ones and which aren't!

I need it to fit into my Ford Focus boot which isn't all that big, I would like it to fold up facing either way, I want it to be comfy and be easy to move around. A good shopping bag at the bottom would be great but not essential. Also can't afford a fortune! Not asking much am I!

I don't want a carry cot or car seat, just the pushchair.

Can anyone recommend a good one?

leeloo1
10-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I have a Loola Up, which I love - folds v small, decent luggage space under, child faces either way and it folds in either position.

Mouse
10-05-2010, 08:04 PM
I've got a Firstwheels City Elite pushchair & love it.

The seat is quite roomy, faces either way & the pushchair is a doddle to push, even one handed.

It is quite big though & you need to take the seat off to fold it. I think the wheels come off the chasis as well to make it a bit smaller. And they're not cheap new, though you can get them for a good price on Ebay. I'd like the double as well, so might start looking at them!

littlesprogs
10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I have a hauck infinity that i'll be selling once i've washed the covers. Its quite big but it does fit in the back of my mazda 6. Very easy to change from parent to front facing. Has a decent sized shopping basket. can be folded down when in both directions but is alot bigger folded when parent facing. Lovely to push and i would love to keep it but i've got Jayden a little stroller now and a icandy for the new baby.

Monkey26
10-05-2010, 08:09 PM
I have just purchased a Britax B-dual.
The top seat can face either way and you buy a second seat which makes a double buggy, great for minding :-)
Expensive yes, but i am finding it very useful for childminding, it is easily pushable with one hand and i have actually got a buggy board attached to mine also! -heres a link https://foryourchild.co.uk/product/britax_b-dual_/ search around for a good price, i got mine ex display WITH the doubles kit for £380!!!! x

Daisy1956
10-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Love grandsons loola up may buy one myself for childminding:)

dobby
10-05-2010, 09:14 PM
THE CHICCO FOR ME PUSHCHAIR (sorry for shouting!) is one I have been looking at for a while. It is also sold as the trio for me travel system. You can pick one up secondahnd on ebay very reasonably

Here is the kiddicare video showing all its features - I want one but canot justify it yet :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQWGTFr3EX8&feature=channel

Spangles
10-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Thank you for all of your answers!

I think I'm firstly going to check out the Loola Ups and see what I can find.

How exciting! Thank you again.

xx

dobby
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Loolas are lovely but VERY heavy - I realised when i was looking at them they are heavier than some doubles :eek:

Minstrel
11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm on the lookout for a similar thing as a pram then pushchair and like the look of the Silvercross 3D- jet sport. Its reduced in mothercare atm which is always a bonus!

littlesprogs
11-05-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm on the lookout for a similar thing as a pram then pushchair and like the look of the Silvercross 3D- jet sport. Its reduced in mothercare atm which is always a bonus!

I heard that the 3d isnt very good and loads of people had problems with them. I was looking at them too but all the comments put me off apparently the freeway is much better but it is more expensive

Minstrel
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Oh really - i've just read some reviews on mothercare and they seemed positive. I've not had a 'test drive' yet so will make sure i have a go in store before i decide- thanks !

littlesprogs
11-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh really - i've just read some reviews on mothercare and they seemed positive. I've not had a 'test drive' yet so will make sure i have a go in store before i decide- thanks !

No problem, I got an icandy apple instead but the freeway was my second choice lol

Spangles
11-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I've found a Loola Up for half price online on the Boots website.

It's £147, only problem is that it's cream/chocolate. Not sure how clean it would be after a few days use! Going to go and try one out at Kiddicare Friday morning and see what I think - have been reading a lot of mixed reviews!

Helen79
12-05-2010, 09:22 AM
the bebe confort Streety looks good but you have to take the seat off to fold it if you have it parent facing.

I think bugaboo bee's are the lighest & smallest to fold but very expensive. The Bee Plus has just been released so you might be able to find an original bee selling cheaper on ebay

Chell
12-05-2010, 09:59 AM
I've got a Firstwheels City Elite pushchair & love it.

The seat is quite roomy, faces either way & the pushchair is a doddle to push, even one handed.

It is quite big though & you need to take the seat off to fold it. I think the wheels come off the chasis as well to make it a bit smaller. And they're not cheap new, though you can get them for a good price on Ebay. I'd like the double as well, so might start looking at them!

I loved my First Wheels, I'm selling it on eBay now as I no longer use it (I need a tiny Maclaren type stroller now as I need to use all 7 seats in my car meaning I have no boot space!). The First Wheels is great to push one handed, easy to fold, good shopping basket, very sturdy/never tips, great in the snow or on rough ground. I'm gutted to be getting rid of mine.

Twinklestars
12-05-2010, 12:25 PM
No problem, I got an icandy apple instead but the freeway was my second choice lol

i have a 3d and love it, it foldsup small so fits in my punto.

my brothers girlfriend is getting one too as they're having a baby in sept, its on offer in toys r us with a half price car seat apparently