PDA

View Full Version : How do you cope withe the wait?

jelly15
10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Have received my SAF etc and almost ready to send it back, but what I want to know is how you cope with the wait for the unannounced inspection (possible 3months)?:eek:

I am happy with my service and think I do a good job, parents all say they are happy, as are the LOs, but some days my kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it. Haven't been able to wash all the dishes and arts and crafts stuff might be drying all over the surfaces etc. How will the inspector react to that.

Also newest mindee can be rather loud when she crys, one neighbour said it sounded terrible when she walked past, but I know the child is entertained, clean and fed so I don't normally worry too much but again what will the inspector think is the baby is having an off day IYKWIM.?

brightstar
10-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I forgot all about mine, and the inspector turned up on the worst day possible! My washing machine was in the middle of the kitchen floor waiting to be picked up and a replacement delivered, Next doors back fence had blown down and I was waiting for a delivery of bricks to build a wall. But I explained it all to the inspector, showed her my risk assesments and explained the procedure I was going to follow to deal with these things, and she was quite happy that I had everything under control. If you are doing things properly you have nothing to worry about.

aly
10-05-2010, 04:59 PM
my SAF had to be back by 31 Dec..and I was due my inspection in feb, but as we had a lot of snow she was delayed and had my inspection in March..the day I was thinking of turning minee away as i wasnt feeling up to it and when she turned up I was hoovering!

tulip0803
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Mine turned up after about 3 weeks. I was in the local town picking up ex-mindee for the day as Mum was desperate. Town was 1/2 hour away:panic: . Drove the whole way back thinking that the washing was on the rads and that Ihadn't washed breakfast bowls as I rushed out:rolleyes: . The heating eng had condemned the flue in the chimney so couldn't use heating when mindees there but I had a heater behind fire guard. She said everything was fine and a normal family house:thumbsup: . Great insp:clapping:

Ms WG
12-05-2010, 09:59 AM
hide behind the curtains if you're having a really bad day and dont open the door

dawn37
16-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I've just had my pre-reg inspection & the inspector said to me, they like to see the house is "used" & so long as the house isn't dirty, they are happy for there to be toys & craft about as it shows you are playing with the children..they would be alarmed to see a "show home" :D

manjay
21-05-2010, 04:08 PM
My inspector "forgot" about me!!!! So she didn't turn up within the 3 months:rolleyes: . I take the view that they have to take me as they find me. I know I am doing a good job and the children are happy, safe and well cared for. If the inspector has a problem with a few dirty dishes then I reckon that's her problem.

Good luck:thumbsup: