PDA

View Full Version : A good double buggy?

snufflepuff
10-05-2010, 04:41 PM
I already have a side-by-side double but im not keen on it- its heavy, difficult to push and too wide. Can anyone reccommend something better? Are tandems better than a side-by-side?
I have just signed up a mindee and i have another coming for a chat on Friday. If this one signs, i will need to use the double 5 days a week so i want something half-decent!
Also, is it possible to use a buggy board on a double buggy? I would potentially have 3 LOs at one time, aged between 12 and 20 months so none of them old enough to walk far.

Alibali
10-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I know not everyone does, but I LOVE my phil n teds:thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping:

sweets
10-05-2010, 04:56 PM
i can highly recommend a jane powertwin! when i was double buggy hunting i was against tandem ones as i wanted both children to have a good view, but then i had a go of a friends and loved it!

both children can see the world (not like those awful doubles where one child is virtually sat on the floor! :laughing: ),

its light, lifts up kerbs easily and folds up reasonably small for a double.

you can put a buggy board on it fine, my friend uses hers with one and theres plenty of room for the childs head.

the only downside is that they are quite expensive but you can pick them up off ebay which is where i bought mine.

if you are going to be using a double every day you want one you are happy with and doesnt make your life miserable at the thought of pushing it. if poss try and have a go with otheres peoples before you decide.

miss mopple
10-05-2010, 04:58 PM
another phil and teds convert here :D

Minstrel
10-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Another point for the Jane Powertwin :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM
and another point for the jane powertwin:thumbsup:

mandy xxxx

clio0602
10-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Phil and Teds definately :D They fight to get in the back seat!!

Alibali
10-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Phil and Teds definately :D They fight to get in the back seat!!

Yeah, and if there are older ones walking and holding on the one in the back gets all the attention and love it! They all chat away to each other, if none holding on they have direct view on the pusher!

The Juggler
10-05-2010, 07:39 PM
i love my chicco twin side by side - it's so light - even with buggy board on it but I have a dodgy elbow so maneovering the tandems would be hard for me. Would love to try the P&T one day

venus89
10-05-2010, 07:50 PM
I have a Mamu - never heard of them before but it's very good. Folds up small, easy to push, and not too heavy.

PixiePetal
10-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I have a maclaren side by side - hate it now :blush: need to get rid!!

Jane twin two tandem - bulky but a great ride for the kids, although no good for the bus now we have moved :rolleyes: so I got a.....

phil and teds classic - great for the bus but the bottom child kicks the front one and I don't like them so low down. Means to an end re the buses, can't do it any other way :rolleyes:

Would have liked a powertwin but it's bigger for the bus issue - have a single powertrack and love it :thumbsup:

Monkey26
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Cossato twin lunar - side by side, had it for 2 years, loved it, had a buggy board on back. Now kids are a bit older i am struggling with the width of it-flying arms and legs so have just purchased...
Britax B-dual - based on concept of P&T but has wider seats, the top one can be forward or rear facing and both recline flat-perfect for naps and little ones. I have also managed to get my buggy board on this one too :-) x