PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping in buggies

snufflepuff
10-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Last week i signed up a new mindee who will be starting in June, and Mum said that she sleeps in a buggy after lunch.
My current mindees Mum said today that she has started putting her down for her afternoon nap after lunch in a buggy so could i do the same!
Is anyone else in the same situation?! How do you work it?
I only have one single buggy, so the only thing i can think of is to ask one of them to bring their buggy in with them in the morning and store it in my hallway. What a pain in the bum! And not particularly safe considering little fingers could get trapped in it etc. It also means im going to have to remember to bring my own buggy in from the car or garage each morning before mindees arrive!

margaret
10-05-2010, 04:40 PM
i put 2 children in double buggy every day at 1245 in back garden all weathers ,and they sleep for 2 hours ,no problems.

huggableshelly
10-05-2010, 04:42 PM
one of mine used to sleep in her buggy, she wouldnt sleep in mine so mom left hers with me. I would put her by the back window safe and not blocking any exits to my home, other children had plenty of room to play without disturbing her. now she doesnt have regular sleeps and when she does want to sleep she lies on my sofa.

risk asses, where would you put both buggies? if there is an emergancy and they are both sleeping can you get both buggies out? have a good think I am sure you will manage ... getting a 2nd hand double would be great but only if you can wheel it in and out of your house in an emergancy!

Gizmo
10-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I have 2 that sleep in buggies, one of them mum brings him in it in the morning so he sleeps in that and the other sleeps in my buggy then I have the twin to go out in

sandy64
10-05-2010, 05:02 PM
hi my 2 use to sleep in 2 buggys now 1 sleeps on sofa but baby im starting tomos says she sleeps in cot but i havent one so this wk will need to sleep in pram if doesnt work il buy a travel cot at weekend, if parents don't mind there is no reason why they cant sleep in pram providing you have risk assessed.

little_gems
10-05-2010, 05:59 PM
i have 3 little ones on a monday they all have a sleep together after dinner. I have a double and 2 singles or sometimes one of the mum leaves thiers so just use that. Once mine are alseep they go in the kitchen and hall way so easy to get out of the house if need to. Or if no one else is here they all line up in the lounge!!!

francinejayne
10-05-2010, 06:43 PM
they all line up in the lounge!!!

Aw I can picture that, how sweet - hope you've taken photo's!

Tina O
10-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I have a little one who will nap in the buggy and another little one who I have now and again who will also nap in a buggy so when I have both together they are in the double buggy, I have room to tuck them up in the hall!! and it's easiler to keep an eye on them both downstairs and as said above in case of emergency, can wheel both out together!!

snufflepuff
10-05-2010, 06:57 PM
I think ill try using the double then- im just worried one might wake the other up/ stop the other from dropping off to sleep- but we will give it a go! Certainly easier to have them both together incase of an emergency.

Im so glad my son will sleep anywhere! Makes life so much easier!

Tina O
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
I think ill try using the double then- im just worried one might wake the other up/ stop the other from dropping off to sleep- but we will give it a go! Certainly easier to have them both together incase of an emergency.

Im so glad my son will sleep anywhere! Makes life so much easier!

If you have trouble with them going to sleep then take them for a walk around the block so they fall to sleep. (only problem then is making sure they are not too hot with coats etc .......)