PDA

View Full Version : Wow - have you read this?

venus89
10-05-2010, 02:59 PM
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/lifestyle-8/work-study-childcare-44/419545-childminder-niggles-am-i-expecting-too-much.html

It's amazing what some people try and get away with :angry:

Chell
10-05-2010, 03:05 PM
What amazes me is that the parent is wondering if the care is acceptable. If I had one or two of those concerns my child would not be back, never mind the whole list mentioned.:eek:

venus89
10-05-2010, 03:09 PM
What amazes me is that the parent is wondering if the care is acceptable. If I had one or two of those concerns my child would not be back, never mind the whole list mentioned.:eek:

It is incredible - I actually wondered if it was a genuine post or a hoax.....

Polly2
10-05-2010, 03:14 PM
How awful :eek: :angry: :eek: trouble is we all get tarred with the same brush when things like this go on - its sad :(

huggableshelly
10-05-2010, 03:33 PM
she needs reporting

FussyElmo
10-05-2010, 03:35 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't believe what I have read

heatherw
10-05-2010, 03:42 PM
It seems to me that whenever something like this happens, childminders are all tarred with the same brush and called all the names under the sun. But we don't get much recognition for all the things we do for our mindees on a daily basis. If only the mindees parents could see what we did with their children all day, we might start getting some of the appreciation we deserve.

venus89
10-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Doesn't it go back to this idea of us just spending the day watching Oprah, drinking tea and chatting with our mates whilst we let the kids in our 'care' get on with it on their own..... That's why we're all fighting so hard to be seen as professionals. Then people like that 'childminder' rear their ugly heads and make us all look bad becasue they reinforce the idea people have....

I wonder why on earth anyone would go through the registration process and then do the job badly?!

youarewhatyoueat
10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Do you think its for real???? Its so bad i'm not convinced its true, how can anyone get away with care that bad. I wonder whether the childminder is registered and if she is why hasn't mum reported her. No mum would continue sending a child if they had safety doubts, would they???

heatherw
10-05-2010, 04:06 PM
I doubt she is registered either and is probably giving mum a good deal financially. Even so i still wouldn't send my child to this monster.

SammyM
10-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I can't believe this is genuine either, how would the parent know tthat LO is left in the car with CM's mother??? I wonder if its someone who is observing this CM and sounding things out before she gets reported to OFSTED???

Carol M
10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Well, she definitely is not one of us!
Carol:)

Beetlejuice
10-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Gosh that can't be right can it??? Surely it's not true?? :( As has already been said it tars the rest of us and undoes a lot of the hard work we're all putting in to make us as professional as possible.

caz3007
10-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I am gobsmacked that the mother hasnt taken up some of these issues with the childminder.

I have a mum who comes to me now and she used to live in a different area, the things she has said about her old CM make me cringe. Overminding and the fact that the mum arrived to collect her child and in the end comforted a baby who was lying on the floor screaming really badly, she stood there for some time trying to calm the baby and the the CM wandered in from the garden with her basket of washing. Trouble is as with every walk of life there is good and bad

monkey62
10-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Not sure what to beleive.... if I will have my child to that childminder I won't wait for 6 months to express my concerns...
And I will not call this '' little things'' when is and endless list of '' little things''...
As a mum if I will be worry about my child security, health, wellbeing I will speak up from first second... expressing my concerns, not waiting for 6 months and asking for people opinion if I'm right or wrong.

heatherw
11-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I've read this a few times and my first thought is "why would you keep sending your child to her?" but a couple of years ago my neighbour told me about a "friend" she used to send her children to. She claimed her 6 month old baby was kept in the same dirty nappy all day, the 18 month old fell asleep on the floor and wasn't moved, the "friend" and her pals used to sit in the same room as the kids and smoke, the 18 month old was a fussy eater so mum sent him with a packed lunch which was never ate and the "friend" just claimed he wasn't hungry (for 9 hours!) This person wasn't registered but did offer mum a good deal to have 2 under 2s all day so she kept sending them.

It wasn't until she told me and told her to report this "friend" as this clearly isn't what childminding is about. Im not sure how much of it is true but i think most of it is.

Unfortunately the are people in this world that treat children appallingly and tarnish the good name of childminders everywhere. It makes me angry that people can get away with this.:angry:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
11-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I wouldnt care what monatry benifit I was getting, your children are the most precious thing in your life, how can anyone let people like this look after their children no matter how cheap they are

max
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
NOT GOOD AT ALL