PDA

View Full Version : Board game overload

Tina O
10-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Wow it's been a hard day today...... I have had an afternoon of buckaroo, followed by mousetrap followed by operation and my brain hurts!!!! anybody got any other 'game' ideas for a 4yr old who has little attention span sometimes but loves this type of play? (i was sooooo close to putting on cbeebies !) I just couldn't face twister!:panic:

funemnx
10-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Get him a game boy and yourself a cuppa!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
10-05-2010, 03:46 PM
have a go at making some

i've made shipmate, play like snakes and ladders with anchors and telescopes
you go down the anchor and up the telescope (kids ideas not mine) he might enjoy creating his own game too!

snap is a good one, pairs, maybe he will enjoy a 100 piece puzzle as a change!

SammyM
10-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Would def recommend Cranium Hullabaloo - its fabulous!!! spread different coloured mats on the floor all with diffrent pictures shapes or colours then press the button on the sound box and you have to follow the instructions ie spin to a circle, crawl to a yellow etc lots of fun and educational too - I take ours to the park, picnics etc, loads of fun for all ages!!!!

AnnieM
10-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Well after playing 22 games of Buggy Bingo!! :panic: and 5 games of Guess Who, I can totally sympathise... At least mine were quick games and minimal setting up required. :thumbsup:

Chell
10-05-2010, 05:47 PM
This game is popular here:

http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/puff-pop-up-dragon-1/

The Juggler
10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow it's been a hard day today...... I have had an afternoon of buckaroo, followed by mousetrap followed by operation and my brain hurts!!!! anybody got any other 'game' ideas for a 4yr old who has little attention span sometimes but loves this type of play? (i was sooooo close to putting on cbeebies !) I just couldn't face twister!:panic:

lol:laughing: :laughing: if the Twister comes out - I am the spin master and I watch the children