PDA

View Full Version : Used nappies and the potty

Zoomie
10-05-2010, 02:09 PM
My mindee is using the potty on a regular basis during the day, but there is no formal potty training. I give her a choice of nappy or knickers afterwards.

Sometimes she has one a wee in her disposable. Would you re-use this nappy, or use a clean one each time.

As a parent I would reuse the wet disposable if it has only been on a short time and was almost dry, but as a cm I use a clean one each time. But then I am not paying for them.

Are you similar ?

PS Mindee wont use potty at home which is why there isn't any formal potty training yet.

Tina O
10-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I would speak to parents and be led by their answer...... I can understand what you are saying but don't like the 'idea' of re-using a nappy, but then I have never been in the situation and as you say, I'm not paying for them .... I would speak to parents and see if 'potty' training can start at home too...

youarewhatyoueat
10-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Why are you potty training when the parents aren't doing it at home, I would be led by the parents and when they have started the training at home and it was going well I would then follow their lead so as not to confuse the child.
With regards to reusing a nappy, no I wouldn't but I would also ask the parents.

Zoomie
01-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Sorry, just found this again.

Mindee wants and does use the potty at mine, but shows no interest in using it at home.

I am not formally potty training. If mindee wants to use potty she does, if she wants a nappy / knickers on afterwards, she gets. There is no pressure. When she is ready to use the potty at home, well then mum will start with her, which appararently she says (mindee) will be when she is 3 :D .

The Juggler
02-06-2010, 07:39 AM
if a child wasn't using the potty there would be more than one wee in there before you changed it - I don't see the difference - nappies are made to keep the child dry so it wouldn't be putting a wet one back on really:)

babs
02-06-2010, 09:52 AM
as others have said id wait for her to be ready at home.. as for re-using a trainer pant NO.. i change knickers even if they dribble its not nice having something wet between their legs and surely re using would just encourage them to wet in it again as it already feels wet... but thats just me....