PDA

View Full Version : Obs for learning journey

clio0602
10-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi just thought I was getting the hang of this and I'm now completely confused again.

Do all the obs you do go in the learning journey?

Does individual planning go in learning journey or in my planning file?

Will I ever get this EYFS :panic:

guest3
10-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Clio,

I'm glad you posted this thread as I too have been wondering pretty much the same thing. I've got obs sheets from on here but am not sure if all obs (short and long) have to be on a full sheet and do they all go in the learning journey with pictures?

Any help will be much appreciated

Wendy xx

sarah707
10-05-2010, 05:24 PM
The child's learning journey contains everything about the errr child's learning journey! :idea:

Obs, assessments, individual planning, photos, info from parents and other settings, notes about what the child thinks about his learning journey, postcards, letters, pictures...

Everything the child wants to go in there goes in! :D

guest3
10-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks for that Sarah but do you do all your obs on a printed sheet and stick them in, or do you write them directly in the learning journey?

Wendy xx

clio0602
10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Well thats what I originally thought and I found something I'd downloaded called creating the learning journey and it says to only include significant observations! Wouldn't all obs be significant?!

Anyway thanks for that I'm going to put everything in :thumbsup:

sonia ann
10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
personally I think it's completely up to you how you record them.....post its , typed up ,handwritten, on forms, with pretty pictures.....whatever works for you....:)

wellingtoncc
11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
i've started the learning journeys with significant observations with photos/work etc on a4 paper in each area, then at the front of each area i am putting sheets that i can have like a traafic light system, so whether they can do it easily, have just started or can't do it, which means progress can be tracked quickly and easily, and obs. don't have to be written up for everything
xx