PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance

MissTinkerbell
24-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Will Ofsted want to see my car insurance documents on the pre-reg visit?

Its just that the insurance is in hubby's name and I'm a named driver. I have full business class to transport children on my little Fiesta (needed it when I was a teacher) but we don't have it on the Galaxy. Now obviously the Galaxy will be the car I use for childminding.

The problem is that my hubby is on detachment and not due back for another 2 months. I've tried explaining the situation to the insurance company but they are insistant that he has to do it even though I'm a named driver :angry: He is unable to do it whilst away.

Will Ofsted be satisfied with this because there really is nothing I can do until Hubby gets back? Can I leave it until then and then send a photocopy of the insurance cert. to Ofsted once he sorts it out?

I feel annoyed as I never thought to get him to sort it out before he went.

Melanie

manjay
24-03-2008, 01:31 PM
I had a similar situation although I am registered with CSSIW. My registration was going through at the beginning of Nov but my car insurance was due for renewal at the end of November. I was also a named driver but the insurance company wanted money to amend it or even to move it to another company. My Inspector was happy that I would not use the car for minding until we had changed the insurance.

amanda xx

funtoplay
24-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi,

I was the same. My husband was in Iraq at the time and couldn't even complete all the forms. However, she was happy just to see that the car had MOT and insurance (at the time it didn't have business). She filled her bit of the CRB form and left me to post this and the SAFFA form off when he got back and could sign it.

Julia

MissTinkerbell
24-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for that. No worries with SSAFA check as he's already done a DC2

ajs
24-03-2008, 04:32 PM
if there's a problem though explain it all and just tell her you'll use the fiesta until hubby gets back to sort the other car.

very generous of the insurance company isn't it though, may be when he's back ask him to write to them giving you the right to make amendments on his behalf

sarah707
24-03-2008, 05:32 PM
It's very hard when you come up against brick walls with insurance companies - been there and felt the anger!

I would just make it clear to Ofsted (and anyone else who asks) that no way are you ever going to drive a car with mindees in that isn't properly insured... that way, you can't go wrong :D

buildingblocks
27-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Will Ofsted want to see my car insurance documents on the pre-reg visit?
yes Ofsted will want to see your documents on the pre reg

Its just that the insurance is in hubby's name and I'm a named driver. I have full business class to transport children on my little Fiesta (needed it when I was a teacher) but we don't have it on the Galaxy. Now obviously the Galaxy will be the car I use for childminding.

could be wrong on this but I am sure that will be okay as I do not drive (apart from hubby round the twist before Susan makes the comment lol) although I do havea licence and insurance is in his name and I am a named driver and they seem happy with this and never queried if I drive or not

hope that is making sense

Trouble
27-03-2008, 09:04 PM
i think in exception circumstances they would understand