PDA

View Full Version : variation help please

jackandjill
10-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi, As of june I will need a variation to allow me to have 2 children under 1 years old 4 days a week term time only.
I already care for a bother and sister the little boy is 6months and his sister is 6 years old and in full time school. These children only come term time.
I have 2 children strating 1st june hopefully, They will be a 9month old baby and a 4 year old, they will come 4 days a week and the 4 year old will start full time school in september.

What do you think my chances are of getting a variation and how do I go about it.

I have been childminding nearly 2 years and have 8 years childcare experience.

Thanks Sarah

Twinklestars
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
it will depend if ofsted think you can manage, and have the space and resources and can ensure all of the childrens needs will be met.

give them a ring, no harm in asking, think they usually like to give them for continuity of care or to take on a sibling but i got one to take a new one on, but it was my only mindee. make sure you put as much info as possible on the form. they told me the other day they had a backlog :(

green puppy
10-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Ring ofsted and ask them to email you a request form, you can fill it in and email it back. They don't usually give variations for new starters so don't know what the chances are as they are both in the early years group, but worth a try. You have to give ages of all children in your care and hours attending, you will have to give details of your typical daily routines and how you will meet the needs of each child regarding personal care, sleeping, equipment you have and how you will keep them all safe indoors and out and about. Ofsted say they take atleast 14 days to consider requests but as said they do have a back log at the moment. I kept ringing to chase mine up and it took 3 weeks in total from emailing form to getting certificate. Good luck. Also they may visit you depending on your last inspection date and grade.