PDA

View Full Version : Really need advice! (Bit long, sorry)!

Leelee
10-05-2010, 08:55 AM
I was registered in February this year and at the same time I found out I was pregnant! My baby is due in July so I decided to wait to take on mindees till after baby born! Since then, and I don't know if it's just because I'm tired from pregnancy, but I'm put of being a childminder at all! One reason is because my 2.5 yr old son is driving me to pull my own hair out, and I think if I can't cope with him at the moment how will I cope with other kids. And, second reason is because I've lost another place having another baby so don't think I'll make alot of money!!! I really don't know what to do because if I don't go ahead with Childminding then I will have to go back to Administration work and pay childcare for 2 children!! What would you do in my situation, and did you worry about not being able to cope with lots of children before you started up??? Do u think it's just a fat preggy, tired woman putting me off?? :) Also how do I organise school pick-ups with 3 children under 3 yrs old? Really feel like crying!

Mookins
10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
dont cry hun:( ...firstly i would just enjoy being pregnant and the excitement of a lil one on the way:clapping:

ignore childminding and any other work worries for now. dont try and think about it, what ever you feel now may well change after lil one is here and you dont want to make any mad decisions which you may later regret

x x x

sandy64
10-05-2010, 09:01 AM
hi lisa sending you a big hug:) i would say its your hormones your worrying about everythink all at once which want help so take a deep breathe have a cup of tea then enjoy your pregnancy your own little one is adjusting to your pregnancy and then baby your tired theres no rush have your baby enjoy the time off then after a few monthes you will hopefully feel like making a decision you could take a 3/4yr old lo on which would be easier for you do a mths settling in period see how it goes but for now your worrying too much hun enjoy were here if you need a chat :)

huggableshelly
10-05-2010, 09:06 AM
aww big hugs to you!

your 2.5 year old is feeling your anxiety, changes are happening, mommy is getting bigger, appointments all over the place and most likely making changes to accomodate baby in your home too. He is too young to understand and typically 2.5 year olds become more active anyway as they are learning and pushing bounderies whilst they discover new things.

Leave cm'ing on the back burner for now, relax and enjoy your time with your son and baby then decide when you feel more confident and happier.

School runs are a pain when you do not have to do them for yourself, I sometimes resent having to go out on a school run when I'm not picking my own children up due to club or invites to friends houses etc especially when it is raining lol. Could you manage with 1 fulltime under 5 or even a preschooler with part time hours?

Remember your reasons for wanting to be a childminder .... so you can remain at home with your own children. It isnt a huge income especially with only 1 child but if you can manage financially you are better off staying home. (this is my opinion only).

christine e
10-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Why not try and just do before an after school and concentrate on your own 2 little ones in the daytime?

Cx

Twinklestars
10-05-2010, 09:51 AM
I have a 4 month old and started childminding when he was 12 weeks old, I find it to be great as I can be at home and still earn money, my 5 year old is really good and is at school all day so I can concentrate on the babies all day as my mindee is 9 months

Maybe wait and see how you feel once that baby's born?

Zoomie
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
I would definitely wait until baby has been born and then make your decisions.

I changed my mind 100x about what I wanted to do when I had to go back to work.

When you have a chance, work out what you could earn from different combinations of children, ie 1pt 0-5 mindee or 1ft 0-5 mindee and / or a couple of after schoolers, and then compare that to what you would nett, when you take off childcare for your own two children, if you were to return back to work in an office.

Eventhough I have two school children and one toddler, it was better for me to do childminding than to pay childcare for 3 children during the holidays.

Enjoy your time with your older child in the interim :)

The Juggler
10-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I agree, don't worry about it for now. enjoy the baby, wait until your little boy gets used to sharing you with baby before he has to share with any other children.

Then when you are ready, make a decision. If CM'ing is not for you there are other options. You've got to REALLY want to do it to put up with it!:)

SmartKids
10-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree don't worry - things will sort themselves out. Also, you may/may not know that if you pay your NI class 2 contributions you are entitled to statutory maternity pay - you should receive forms when you are pregnant in bounty packs I do believe if not speak to your midwife. Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy.