PDA

View Full Version : Weekends

juejue
09-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I love my job.......but I have just spent another weekend doing....... the garden, cleaning the play house.cleaning the toys, sorting paper work out and shopping for my lovely minders children.
Are there any other childminders that spend their weekend doing their job, or am I the only one.........Please say others do some of this :)

monkey62
09-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I do ....not in every weekend but most of them...

Hebs
10-05-2010, 05:15 AM
I work weekends!

Tina O
10-05-2010, 06:21 AM
I used to but it got crazy so now I only work 4 days a week and have at least One day where I have time (my kids at school) to sort out, it was a loss of money but a gain in sanity! xx

sophiemarie
10-05-2010, 06:32 AM
I end up working most of the weekend but I really need to stop as its not fair on my family heard a saying the other day that rings true " when you live about the shop you are always stacking shelves" How true!!!!!!:) :)

Pauline
10-05-2010, 07:51 AM
We are lucky that we now only work part time childminding so can do stuff on other weekdays. Weekends are ours :clapping:

But I know what you mean, you feel like your whole life revolves around childminding at times :rolleyes:

Julie - I have moved your thread to Minding Chat as you will get more replies here :thumbsup:

huggableshelly
10-05-2010, 08:48 AM
toy cleaning - i do it during working hours, kiddies love water play and clean the toys for me, other stuff I put into a net bag then pop it in the dishwasher .. job done!

Gardening - again weeding and general tidy up is done during working hours, mowing and bigger jobs are done at wkends.

paperwork - I aim to get done in the evenings, hubby does shift work so 3 wks out of 6 he is on nights leaving me to get on with learning journals.

housework - I get odd days off due to having children on flexicare pending on parents shifts so this gets done during the wk, or gets left in the hope that the dust fairies will visit and clean up for me!

wkends are mine though I do find that one wkend a month is used to do banking etc (usually the last wkend) unless i've had time in the working wk.

Shopping for toys - this is done with the minded children, we take a list and they help to buy the bits or for larger items I do a home delivery via the internet.

Noone pays me to work wkends so I keep them for family time!