PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork - methods of recording things down

cs01
09-05-2010, 05:03 PM
I would like to once and for all devise a paperwork plan that works for me and thought I would ask how you all physically record the following:

Individual and group planning - do you use a large diary and write in there or do you use 1 sheet of paper per week then file that? (So at the end of the year you have 52 sheets of paper in a file). If your individial planning is linked to an observation you have already done and you are planning a next step - how do you physically show that your planning relates to an ob?

Comments parents make or things you want to note down about a child (in addition to daily diaries) for your own records. Would this be in a child's file, with their obs etc, that would then be handed to parents once child leaves your setting?

I have a file on each child which has observations, craft work and photos in but I'm not really sure where to record other things such as if a parent says their child has really enjoyed doing X at the w/end - I might wish to note this down and then include this in my planning.

Does any of this make sense?

sarah707
09-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I would like to once and for all devise a paperwork plan that works for me

So would I! I keep tweaking mine though I've been using my current ones for a while now as they are all illustrated and the children love them so much

and thought I would ask how you all physically record the following:

Individual and group planning - do you use a large diary and write in there or do you use 1 sheet of paper per week then file that? (So at the end of the year you have 52 sheets of paper in a file).

If that works for you then fine!

If your individial planning is linked to an observation you have already done and you are planning a next step - how do you physically show that your planning relates to an ob?

I put the Eyfs Learning and Development reference by everything I do, so I can see that I have say referenced PD3 and then next month PD3 comes up again and I can see that it follows through.

Comments parents make or things you want to note down about a child (in addition to daily diaries) for your own records. Would this be in a child's file, with their obs etc, that would then be handed to parents once child leaves your setting?

For me, if it's about the child's learning journey, it goes in their LJ file. Yes it would then go home.

If it's about things like sleep times changing it goes in the child's personal file with permissions etc

I have a file on each child which has observations, craft work and photos in but I'm not really sure where to record other things such as if a parent says their child has really enjoyed doing X at the w/end - I might wish to note this down and then include this in my planning.

My LJs have a series of voices in them...

The voice of the child

The voice of the childminder

The voice of the parent etc. It's something I again devised for the illustrated LJs and it works really well.

Does any of this make sense?

It makes perfect sense I hope I have helped :D

cs01
09-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Sarah - why can't I bottle up some of your wisdom? You are so at ease with the EYFS and all the paperwork that comes with it while I just go round in circles chasing my own tail!

Thank you for your reply :)

sarah707
09-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Sarah - why can't I bottle up some of your wisdom? You are so at ease with the EYFS and all the paperwork that comes with it while I just go round in circles chasing my own tail!

Thank you for your reply :)

You have a tail! :eek: :panic: :laughing: :D

cs01
09-05-2010, 05:56 PM
You have a tail! :eek: :panic: :laughing: :D

I didn't have one before I started all this EYFS stuff, it has turned me into a strange creature.....with a tail!;)