PDA

View Full Version : NVQ3 CCLD

ddw
09-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I have been doing my course for a while now. Doing it from home so dont go into college or anything. This may be why I still dont get it. I have someone come out every couple of months to observe me with the children, she tells me whats she is looking for so I know what theme to do.
My point is, I haven't had to do any written work, its all been done through observation so far, has anyone else experienced the same?
Di x:idea:

miffy
09-05-2010, 04:23 PM
I did my nvq a few years ago and I thought I had to do too much paperwork!!!

I'm sure the idea is to cover most of it with observations but that depends on your assessor - it sounds like yours has the right idea.

Miffy xx

ddw
09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I did my nvq a few years ago and I thought I had to do too much paperwork!!!

I'm sure the idea is to cover most of it with observations but that depends on your assessor - it sounds like yours has the right idea.

Miffy xx

Thank you, that makes me feel a bit better
di x

miffy
09-05-2010, 04:27 PM
If you're worried about it can you phone your assessor for a chat?

I'm sure you will have to do some written work so perhaps she would be able to set your mind at rest.

Miffy xx

ddw
09-05-2010, 04:29 PM
If you're worried about it can you phone your assessor for a chat?

I'm sure you will have to do some written work so perhaps she would be able to set your mind at rest.

Miffy xx

She is here again on Wednesday so will ask about it then. Thank you again
Di x

sunflower
09-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Who are you doing yours NVQ with?

ddw
09-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Who are you doing yours NVQ with?

Its through the Dukeries College in Ollerton
x

hayleychildcare
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Ive just finished mine.
I did mine through Zodiac training and she did most of the work using Obs aswell:thumbsup:

Much less paper work

ddw
09-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Ive just finished mine.
I did mine through Zodiac training and she did most of the work using Obs aswell:thumbsup:

Much less paper work

Fab!! How long did it take you in total?
Di x

hayleychildcare
09-05-2010, 04:43 PM
she came once a week and it took me 6 months to finish.
When she came she was here for about 3 hours each time (drinking coffee for most of it, she was lovely)

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
10-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Im doing mine at the moment and have done 70% off it so far.

I have been given one work book per unit to fill out (9 in total). You can go to the training sessions and they talk you through each book but due to hubbys sifts i have only attened 3 sessions.

I have filled out these work books except 2 and have had 2 observations so far.

She is coming to see me in June to do a planned observation and collect the last 2 work books and then what ever is left to do she will do it by asking me questions.

She reckons we will have completed everything by July so it will of taken me 7 months.