PDA

View Full Version : Tesco vouchers - wanted

sarah707
08-05-2010, 07:34 PM
If you have any spare Tesco schools vouchers without a home to go to...

The children here would be very grateful for them please! :D

I don't think they've been as generous giving them away this year, we've got nowhere near as many as last year :(

Heaven Scent
08-05-2010, 07:38 PM
How very dare you make such a request - what do you think this is ---

FREECYCLE?

charleyfarley
08-05-2010, 07:46 PM
You need to move Sarah, very generous in Meir Park I spent £70 and got triple the amount of vouchers this week :thumbsup:

I'm sneaky and chat to the cashier so they give me more every time :D

Carol xx

solly
08-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I have a lovely tesco driver and he gave me over 200 the other week:clapping: I think by the time my mum sends me what she has i will have about 2000

sarah707
08-05-2010, 07:52 PM
How very dare you make such a request - what do you think this is ---

FREECYCLE?

Now listen missus!

If you want to be nice you can go and talk to poor jaytravis who missed out on my Sainsburys ones by a whisker!

I'm sure you've got some lurking somewhere :D

sarah707
08-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Oh we've only got 400 this year and the children are so disappointed.

They really wanted a minibeast house to go in our new minibeast area at the top of the garden.

Hopefully someone will have a few they don't need and I have a sneaking suspicion there are some banked from last year but the whereabouts of my log in details evades me :rolleyes:

Hey ho we keep plugging away! :D

Beetlejuice
08-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I have a lovely tesco driver and he gave me over 200 the other week:clapping: I think by the time my mum sends me what she has i will have about 2000

Oh WOW! I've got quite a few but not as much as that. Will have to phone the local store and ask for your driver lol!

Chell
08-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't think they've been as generous giving them away this year, we've got nowhere near as many as last year :(

I never get given them unless I ask. :angry: On the plus side, when I do ask they seem to feel guilty and give me extra.

I've got just over 100 although I've just posted on my CM face group page so will hopefully get some more. I've got two friends on there who've been collecting them for me.

Beetlejuice
08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Chell;703952]I never get given them unless I ask. :angry: On the plus side, when I do ask they seem to feel guilty and give me extra.
/QUOTE]

The secret is to flirt more :o Every time I go to the supermarket I go through a till manned by a young chap and he always gives me loads of vouchers. My husband thinks I'm dreadful but I'm doing it for the kids ;)

miffy
08-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Tomorrow is the last day for vouchers to be issued so might be worth a trip to Tescos to see if they're feeling generous :D

Miffy xx

solly
08-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Nanny McPhee are you collecting for yourself or the group? last year i did the group and collected over 600 so decided this year i would do it for myself as i want the tuff spot tray :)

Chell
08-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I never get given them unless I ask. :angry: On the plus side, when I do ask they seem to feel guilty and give me extra.

The secret is to flirt more :o Every time I go to the supermarket I go through a till manned by a young chap and he always gives me loads of vouchers. My husband thinks I'm dreadful but I'm doing it for the kids ;)

:eek: Slapper :p ;)

miffy
08-05-2010, 08:31 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx

Beetlejuice
08-05-2010, 08:31 PM
For myself but don't tell the others as it hasn't gone down well when others have done it for themselves :o I was worried about collecting loads and then the group folding as things are a bit precarious. Still don't know what I'm ordering but the kids are really excited.

Beetlejuice
08-05-2010, 08:32 PM

:laughing: :laughing: You know me well!! ;) It works though!

beccas
08-05-2010, 08:34 PM
i have nearly 7000 but that is 3 of us collecting together and we also sen doff ink cartirdges and get vouchers for them.:clapping: also i haev a parent who works for tesco:clapping: and a generous local school

solly
08-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Nanny McPhee i know what you mean, i havent told anyone either but i think they may have guessed as it was brought up at the committee meeting that we were way down from last year, i felt abit like you things are rocky at the moment it will nice to get something for the children that i may not have brought otherwise.
I am doing sainsburys as well but dont have as many of those

Beetlejuice
09-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Nanny McPhee i know what you mean, i havent told anyone either but i think they may have guessed as it was brought up at the committee meeting that we were way down from last year, i felt abit like you things are rocky at the moment it will nice to get something for the children that i may not have brought otherwise.
I am doing sainsburys as well but dont have as many of those

I know Solly - one of the minders did it for herself last year and it was frowned upon so I've kept quiet this year. My Mum works for Tesco so we tend to get a load from her as her boss sometimes lets her take a book home at the end of the scheme. Things are so iffy within the group that I didn't want to give all my vouchers away and then lose out. My kids are loving collecting them and today my eldest was really cheeky and asked the lady for extra at the till as it was the last day! Worked a treat!:clapping:

carlen222
09-05-2010, 07:02 PM
are any of you near a store?? im not sure if its just small tesco stores that do this but for the customers that dont want to collect in my tesco metro, they put the vouchers in a tub then at the end of the period they divide them between the schools and clubs that put their name into store!!!!! i asked someone that works in tesco to add my name to the list so im hoping to get a share any time soon!!!!!!! so far we have collected 1466 i think at last count so im guesing we will get a few wooden spoons lol!!!! no i think i will send them off and bank them until the next scheme is running xx

jumpinjen
09-05-2010, 08:08 PM
no i think i will send them off and bank them until the next scheme is running xx

How do you bank them?? I was aiming for a cover for the builders tray but haven't got very far, despite aunties of the children I care for hustling at customer services!!!!

jenni

Monkey26
10-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Similar to carlen222 down in Devon there is a thing where the first 2 groups to ask can get a box put in the local tesco and all those who dont want their vouchers put them in the box. Usually the local pre schools get in there first but a childminding friend has one this year and has well over 4,000 vouchers!

I have approx 1,600 so far, more than last year so am happy :-) I emailed everyone on my facebook friends list (so many people say no at the checkout cuz they don't have their own kids-get onto them!) and they have been sending them in the post-the kids get so excited when they rip open the envelope and all the vouchers fall out-but why do they insist on putting them in the box one by one?! Oh well keeps them quiet for half hour :-)

When you go online to order it adds up how many you have used and then gives the option to bank the rest... or at least it did last year?!

HTH x

It's a small world
10-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm desperate for vouchers :blush: I have signs and asked parents but not had anything from them . Told them their children will benefit . I have about 120 so far :( going to bank them for next year . Dh says I might be lucky enough to get a tennis ball :angry: maybe we can split them between us :blush: .

sarah707
15-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Big thank you!

To...

Debbie...

Debbie...

Teacake...

Building Blocks...

The person who sent some vouchers without putting their name in the envelope...

AND last but by no means least Beccas.

We can now get the minibeast house and game the children wanted so much.

Thank you! :jump for joy:

beccas
15-05-2010, 07:11 PM
you are very welcome i dont mind at all i have now got 8000 to share between 3 of us plus a bit for network so i am spending 2000 of them.

glad your mindees can get what they wanted.

estrelas
16-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Sarah I have loads and loads here, Do you still need them?
Only just seen this

I could post in the morning x

sarah707
16-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Sarah I have loads and loads here, Do you still need them?
Only just seen this

I could post in the morning x

Oh yes please! I have sent you a pm :D

sarah707
19-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Big thank you!

To ...

Estrelas

And Heaven Scent for their contributions to the tokens.

The children counted them all tonight and we're looking through the catalogue tomorrow.

Thank you again! :D

Heaven Scent
19-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I have been given about 8 more if they are any help and you can wait I'll pass them over to you in the same way I got them to you last week. I know its not many but it could balance the scales!!!

sarah707
19-05-2010, 06:23 PM
I have been given about 8 more if they are any help and you can wait I'll pass them over to you in the same way I got them to you last week. I know its not many but it could balance the scales!!!

Would you believe the girls have counted 91 tonight... they were really miffed there weren't 100 to make it a round number! :laughing:

I'm sure they will be happier with 99 Thank you! xx :D