PDA

View Full Version : I dont know where to start

Fabby
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Right, back after a week off well 2 weeks because my one mindee i have at the mo is back off her hols this week. I need to do planning! I have only had one week with her before going off on hol so i didnt do planning as such for that first week and just went with the flow. I have been thinking all week, Saturday is the day to get back into it and start the ball rolling. There are so many different ways to set up the planning and now i am getting really confused with it all (i read so many posts)
Where shall i start??? Please help me, i have had such a nice relaxed and chilled out week in the countryside in a hot tub and now i am starting to stress :(

Minstrel
08-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I can only tell you what i do because i think planning (like a lot of our paperowrk) is such a personal thing to make sense of and have to work for us.

I use my observations (which is where is would advise you to start) and on the back of my obs sheets i have 'next steps' for the individual child.

I have a big diary- A4 week to a page one. First goes in all the regular stuff- toddler groups/ library sessions etc etc. Then i look at the festivals/events for the week and jot those i wish to mark down. Then goes in the group planning - making sure i have consider the individual planning for each child.

for example.....

We are starting to look at the world cup (i have 4 boys aged 3 to 7). I have noted down all the things we are going to look at and given them a place in the diary.

Group- put up a world map marking out England (us) and South Africa (hosts). Make flags, results chart, dress up as footballers, even the older ones will be watching a game! (3pm kick off)

individual-

J- to enhance IT skills along with school work he is doing i will ask him to research all the flags of the countries taking part and print them off. Also research what the kits for each team looks like.

H- Following on from a recent topic of uniforms (is about to start school so we talked about the sort of clothes he might have to wear)- i will provide a mix bag of football kits and see if he can find the kits for others to wear for the mathc. Just learning to use a camera so will get him to take photos of other dressed up in the kits he has found.

This is one example of quite a bit i have for the world cup but hopefully it shows you roughly what i do.

I also have a section at the bottom to say how it went, what got done and what didn't, and what i might change/ keep the same for next time.

rachelle
08-05-2010, 02:24 PM
First planning for a child I like this way:

one box: what child enjoys doing

next box: How can i devlop this - adult led / child led

next EYFS llinks

and then i develop it from there :)

Fabby
08-05-2010, 02:45 PM
OK thanks ! I think i am trying to jump too far when i need to take a step back and take it from there. I shall do the 'I can' sheet and then plan from that. ??

green puppy
08-05-2010, 03:36 PM
How old is the little one? You could ask parents what she did on hols or if she is particularly interested in anything at the moment and plan from that too.