PDA

View Full Version : emergencychildcare.co.uk

Toothfairy
08-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Has anyone registered with emergencychildcare.co.uk?
I have a space that I don't realy want to fill full time but wouldnt mind doing emergency care.

Has anyone used them or know anything about them?

The Juggler
08-05-2010, 10:33 AM
no, are they related to childcare.co.uk?

Toothfairy
08-05-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure, I was thinking the same thing.

RachelE
08-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I registered with them last year.

I havent had any enquiries (but I dont have any under 5 spaces)

As fas as I know, not related to childcare.co.uk.

Rachel x

Ripeberry
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I was with them for almost a year, they ask you to update your spaces every week it seems and I NEVER had any enquiries from them. So I de-registered myself.

Pipsqueak
08-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I have been registered with them for about a year and not had any enquiries at all from it but i suppose it depends on the demand in your area and also about people knowing about it!
They email you once a month to update the spaces.

it is nothing to do with childcare.co.uk

Toothfairy
08-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys, I don't think I will bother then.

Bushpig
08-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I have been with them for 2 years and have had a few inquiries from them... and have looked after 4 emergency care kids for them (children have had nannies off sick/own CM on hol etc.). Dealings have been very pleasant and professional, payment quick. Not linked to childcare.co.uk.

bexcee
17-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I have been registered with them for about six weeks and have my first booking on Monday. All seems really professional and they know what they are doing!
They called me on Friday to ask if I could have a baby on Monday and Wednesday of next week, I agreed so they called the mum and then e-mailed me all the details. I get paid in two weeks time.
Will let you know how it all goes

fionamal
18-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Its good to know that some people are getting work from them as in the past 2 years or so ive had nothing and was beginning to wonder about de-registering

AnnieM
18-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I just tried to register, filled out all the form and then realised you have to be a member of the NCMA. :rolleyes: I am with MM so that rules that one out. :(

TheBTeam
18-07-2010, 07:37 PM
I have been registered with them for a couple of years or so, and have not had any enquiries, but not had a problem with the service though.

aly
18-07-2010, 08:49 PM
been registered for about a year and also get the weekly 'update your spaces' email and yesterday another saying update as a paretn local to me has registered.

Twinklestars
19-07-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm registered with them, not had any enquiries and not had any emails to say anyones registered near me :( no harm in staying registered with them while I still have a vacancy though

heatherw
19-07-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm registered with them, not had any enquiries and not had any emails to say anyones registered near me :( no harm in staying registered with them while I still have a vacancy though

Same here, ive been registered with them for a few months but i don't think any parents near me are registered with them cus i only ever get the email asking me to update my spaces. As its very little effort and you never know where you will find mindees i think il keep registered for now.

karen m
19-07-2010, 07:32 PM
been registered with them for a while,never had a enquiry but maybe 1 day

Paws
21-07-2010, 06:29 AM
I just tried to register, filled out all the form and then realised you have to be a member of the NCMA. :rolleyes: I am with MM so that rules that one out. :(

I have just emailed them asking them to rectify this as those of us with MM are missing out. However, the email bounced back as an 'unknown address'?

I presume they are still running a business? I'll try telephoning them later instead.

mama2three
21-07-2010, 06:56 AM
I have just emailed them asking them to rectify this as those of us with MM are missing out. However, the email bounced back as an 'unknown address'?

I presume they are still running a business? I'll try telephoning them later instead.

part of their comission goes to the ncma , 5% I think , maybe thats why they are 'tied' to them?

Paws
21-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I've just rung them. Anyone NOT a member of NCMA is not allowed to register with them. How ridiculous.

heatherw
21-07-2010, 11:39 AM
It is ridicolous but i wouldnt worry too much about it. I don't think many people have had much business from them anyway. No business = no commision to the NCMA.

HomefromHome
21-07-2010, 12:11 PM
I was with them for almost a year, they ask you to update your spaces every week it seems and I NEVER had any enquiries from them. So I de-registered myself.

ditto - nothing todo with childcare.co.uk, but i thought it was a waste of my time tbh - i can register for local emergency care (f.i.s/surestart/etc) so no need now.

AnnieM
21-07-2010, 05:57 PM
I've just rung them. Anyone NOT a member of NCMA is not allowed to register with them. How ridiculous.

Thanks for clarifying it anyway. I agree it is ridiculous as I don't think the site is run by the NCMA, so they are losing out on. a lot of potential customers!